Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
mate, i think this board is as useless as the next guy i really do - I just struggle to imagine them being smart enough to engineer a situation as well planned and perfectly executed as this. They can't even get basic things right let alone construct some JFK level conspiracy where we drag some young innocent player along all summer and then convince him to take the fall by handing in a transfer. I think they are just too incompetent to create such a well crafted situation but this is just my opinion.

This x 1 million

I'm curious. What do you believe in respect to those transfers?

I have no idea because I don't work for Stoke, Dynamo Kiev or Everton. Nobody knows on here what is happening.

The sooner you realise that nearly everything you read is utter nonsense the better.

By all means have an opinion on a player. I like Shaqiri and would have loved him here. I didn't want James McCarthy quite infamously on here and was proved wrong as he's been great. It really doens't matter. But you make it sound like you know what's going on as fact when you have no clue, less clue than most, what is actually happening.

We've bid sufficiently for both but been blocked by an owner who wants to keep his player and the other choosing Stoke you biff.

Why wait a few days to make our mind up when you have already against a backdrop, as usual, of overwhelming contrary evidence?

This is your problem, you type utter crud opinion and patronise it off as fact.
Good I hope I'm wrong. I really do and what @roydo has said about what his contact said still gives me a bit of hope. However even if we get Yarmolenko and Evans (or someone like him) it still won't be a positive net spend.

i'm just proper 'meh' at the moment, everyone we're linked with as stones replacement seems crap and i'm just feeling like whats the point if we sell our best assets.

sell to survive / maintain.

It's pretty depressing

It's frustrating - not depressing. Just consider that it's not an Everton thing. It's a football thing. We're in amongst a group of clubs who are now there to merely serve the bidding of the richer clubs. We're completely unable to fix the issue so we have to be pragmatic about these things.

Everton still don't have to sell, but if they do it's perfectly understandable. It makes perfect business sense as I've pointed out before, my concern is that nothing will stop this from happening again and again and again as Everton and their peers get bullied by the likes of Chelsea and City and PSG etc. We've been tucked up and now our peers will suddenly look to cash in as we shop for any replacements - Chelsea have played us perfectly leaving zero time for us to replace.

Stones hmself? Fair play to him, he's played well enough to get the opportunity. He's not an Evertonian, and even if he was I'd imagine he'd still make the same decision. I'm glad he wore the Everton kit, and I just hope he gets the football at Chelsea that his undoubted ability deserves.

It is. But it only takes a win (probably not tonight) but at Spurs and the love will still be there.

This isn't anywhere near as bad as Big Dunc leaving, nor when Alan Ball left from all the stories i'm told about that. Worth a bit of perspective at times.

Definitely a bit of perspective needed. If we do sell him, obviously it will be disappointing, but we'd be getting £30million + for a kid from Barnsley who's played 50 games for us. I was far more gutted when Rooney left, a kid who had just proven at a major tournament that he was already world class, who was an Evertonian, and at a time when we had a really mediocre squad.

....That being said, if we replace him with Jonny Evans, commence operation meltdown.

I have no idea because I don't work for Stoke, Dynamo Kiev or Everton. Nobody knows on here what is happening.

The sooner you realise that nearly everything you read is utter nonsense the better.

By all means have an opinion on a player. I like Shaqiri and would have loved him here. I didn't want James McCarthy quite infamously on here and was proved wrong as he's been great. It really doens't matter. But you make it sound like you know what's going on as fact when you have no clue, less clue than most, what is actually happening.

The most pertinent thing anyone has written here amongst 1898 pages of guff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back