Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two weeks ago I don't think anybody here had ever heard of Ramiro Funes Mori or even moreso Leandro Rodriques.
These signings show the club is scouting on a worldwide basis.
We have no idea which targets the club is chasing, we are not even sure from which continent.

I think we need to go right back to when the club signed Cleverley and Deulofeu, the manager at the time said that we would have to wait until the very end for other signings, I think that was a significant statement, but as yet I don't know why.
Maybe, it did relate to Yarmolenko and the CL draw.

Two weeks ago I don't think anybody here had ever heard of Ramiro Funes Mori or even moreso Leandro Rodriques.
These signings show the club is scouting on a worldwide basis.
We have no idea which targets the club is chasing, we are not even sure from which continent.

I think we need to go right back to when the club signed Cleverley and Deulofeu, the manager at the time said that we would have to wait until the very end for other signings, I think that was a significant statement, but as yet I don't know why.
Maybe, it did relate to Yarmolenko and the CL draw.

There's a chain involved also, selling clubs need replacements lined up. There could be deals in principle.

My point being we've wasted too much time trying to bring in a target that IMO was impossible from the start given surkis stubbornness on the player. We needed to identify other targets but it's looking less likely by the day that we'll get an attacking midfielder and backup striker.
Usually teams are in dialogue with their backup targets aswell during negoatiations with their main targets, all incase first choice falls through, hopefully our backup plans are fir a player of a similar calibre to yarmo

We've just signed an Argentinian and Uruguayan both playing in South America. How far afield do you want the scouting to go??
a09obxv_460s.jpg

Think myself that we will in fact loan McGeady out to Sunderland, strangely due to his nature i think Martinez would actually not get shut of Gibson but would offer him support - maybe buying too much into the Martinez nice guy image their though

Does anyone reckon the pay off for the board backing Martinez over Stones is not as much transfer money as he was first promised? Just seems weird that this young lad has gone from not being a first team player signing, to being put into the first team, and Martinez now also saying other signings are ambitious, which could be mean, no chance of getting them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back