Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What additions to the squad will shift us from 11th upwards...

Gerry? Lets move barnsley aside, he will not have that much space and time in the prem.

Cleverley - replaces an ageing ossie...yes he has been good but missing now for 3 months but like for like replacenent for ageing squad members.

Lost 2 experienced centre halfs... mori totally unproven and i bet my mortgage the fee will not be 9.5 ....

Rodrigrez..... another body that will slot in to the u21

Please explain to me how keeping exsisting squad players is progress?
What does extending contracts bring to the pitch....they are the same players that finished last year...

Our team is bare....losing baines and cleverley is fact of this, we needed new established talent to push on, yes we will do better than last year but teams around us will do better as they have strengthened well...

I am gobsmacked that any supporter cannot see what we need... the manager quoted we need a ten as long as march back....hevfailed to deliver, this is the player we really really needed

No Europa gets us in the top 10. Fact.

Keeping players, ie - maintaining the status quo, is by definition not an improvement and should not be included in the assessment of the window.

It would have been a negative to lose certain players, that doesn't mean that keeping them improves our squad.

What additions to the squad will shift us from 11th upwards...

Gerry? Lets move barnsley aside, he will not have that much space and time in the prem.

Cleverley - replaces an ageing ossie...yes he has been good but missing now for 3 months but like for like replacenent for ageing squad members.

Lost 2 experienced centre halfs... mori totally unproven and i bet my mortgage the fee will not be 9.5 ....

Rodrigrez..... another body that will slot in to the u21

Please explain to me how keeping exsisting squad players is progress?
What does extending contracts bring to the pitch....they are the same players that finished last year...

Our team is bare....losing baines and cleverley is fact of this, we needed new established talent to push on, yes we will do better than last year but teams around us will do better as they have strengthened well...

I am gobsmacked that any supporter cannot see what we need... the manager quoted we need a ten as long as march back....hevfailed to deliver, this is the player we really really needed
Barry, Osman, Pienaar, Jags, Baines all a year older too. With the exception of Jags who has been great so far we could see them beginning to drop off.

We have a decent first team but it's definitely not a window that shows any ambition.

It's disappointing, but definitely not the worst window we've had.
Exactly! I'm not over the moon by any stretch of the imagination, but the likes of Cleverely, Delboy, Lennon and hopefully Mori isn't too bad.

I think the fact that we've all acknowledged that we need a playmaker, were pretty much promised one and it doesn't occur is the sour part.

We're arguably stronger (at least in some aspects) yet we still lack the vital component that would act as a catalyst for our style of play.

As I mentioned the other day, the fact that we've been asked to be patient and promised these signings will only undermine Martinez and co.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back