Ukraine invasion and the sanction of Oligarchs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our gate receipts are tiny, we have already borrowed against the TV money. So without the funds USM and Moshiri pump in we are effectively insolvent. Add in the huge debts and the club is in its most financially precarious position ever.

Even with massive funding from USM in the last accounts, our wages were 89% of our entire turnover.
I don't think that is a current %

look again at the news channels and his statements.
Yes, mate, but I'm just saying that statements are just threats, and may not be real intentions, that's all. Who knows what's going on in Putin's head? - These threats to other countries might be bluff, or might not, but none of us can say for definite whether he'd really start a really major conflict, or world war in the event of any interference (which in all probability, there ain't gonna be).

Is it possible that Moshiri/Usmanov have thought of that before the invasion today ?

We all found out today the invasion is going ahead, I would guess the oligarchs have known this for some time and made preparations accordingly.

If this involves Everton only time will tell, but it isn't as if Usmanov is a direct owner of the club and if they then try to sanction businessmen from other nationalites who have business connections in Russia then the world economy , Europe and the US in particular, will collapse.

Presumably the Benitez sacking/Lampard salary, Myko/Patterson/Alli/VDB signings were sanctioned knowing this was coming.

I just hope it doesn't effect Lampard's budget in the summer because we need to spend big. The stadium will take care of itself.

Is it possible that Moshiri/Usmanov have thought of that before the invasion today ?

We all found out today the invasion is going ahead, I would guess the oligarchs have known this for some time and made preparations accordingly.

If this involves Everton only time will tell, but it isn't as if Usmanov is a direct owner of the club and if they then try to sanction businessmen from other nationalites who have business connections in Russia then the world economy , Europe and the US in particular, will collapse.
Margaret Hodge the Labour MP for Barking has called for Usmanov to be on the sanctions list. Moshiri's income and financial wealth comes from Usmanov's holding company USM.

Usmanov and Moshiri must be a bit worried with all this sanctions stuff.

Can see our finance going west here… bye bye stadium… bye bye Fronk.

Everton that.

Margaret Hodge the Labour MP for Barking has called for Usmanov to be on the sanctions list. Moshiri's income and financial wealth comes from Usmanov's holding company USM.

A shame Andy Burnham isn't Labour leader or at least in the cabinet, he'd have our back with Usmanov. Chelsea seem to be well represented in the Tory cabinet.

He is the Chairman of USM. Owned by an Oligarch in Usmanov, Skoch a mobster who is a member of the Russian parliament and himself. The whole point of sanctions is to punish Putin and his inner circle financially.

Even if his assets aren't frozen. He has no way of exchanging roubles for sterling or Dollars. You brought up PSR calculations for the Premier League's financial fair play rules. Well the only way we passed in the last accounts is because USM pumped in tens of millions for the right to bid for naming rights. There is no way that will happen again. So who pays the bills now ?
So he works with Russians.

You've repeated this a lot but still not shown why this means anything discussed today in parliament will affect our Stadium.

You're talking about Roubles here, what makes you think he gets paid in roubles? Apart from you wanting it to be that way?

The USM sponsorship was part of our revenue but a lot more came directly out of Moshiri's pocket as an equity injection. Now tell me how that's going to stop as a result of today's parliament discussions.

You've shown nothing to back up your claim the stadium will be impacted other than the fact he works for and with Russians, which makes your claim absolutely farcical.

Last edited:
Because there is no way Moshiri and his backers are going to fund it now. Which leaves the banks and financial institutions who will run a mile.
Who are his backers?

When was there an announcement over who was funding the stadium?

Do you think the only banks Moshiri can get money from are British?

Complete nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.