Ukraine invasion and the sanction of Oligarchs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do read the accounts.

We do not become instantly insolvent without USM. If you'd read the accounts you would see that our majority shareholder has injected millions to prevent insolvency already even with the USM sponsorship.

Why would the funds be seized if they're backed by a British businessman with enough personal wealth to fund the entire loan himself?

You are chatting wham lad.
Because Moshiri's funds and wealth come from USM.

Reluctant as I am to further encourage the drift of this thread toward pure discussion of geopolitical issues, in the interests of pedantry I feel obliged to point out that Putin's statement simply shows how far he's prepared to talk and threaten, rather than actually do.

look again at the news channels and his statements.

1. Moshiri has been a terrible owner.

2. BMD still hasn't been built and without USM won't be.

3. USM haven't got around FFP that is why we have stopped spending.

4. I do discuss Everton matches just not in a childish kneejerk way like you do.

5. Show any post where I have said that. It is just a contemptible lie.

6. We have appointed a succession of terrible managers. Considering you are the FSW's biggest fan I don't really think you should be going down that route do you Rafael fanboy.

Remember your meltdoon when the talk of null and voiding the season was put on the table denying Liverpool a title? lol

And you claiming our fans hold onto LFC fans misbehaving because we have nothing else to clamour about? lol

Fun times Mr Top Blue.

STCC was a form of financial fair play. I say was because it was scrapped in 2019. Try and keep up.
No it isn't. It's separate from FFP which is managed by UEFA.

It isn't called STCC anymore and the rules have changed but these are the premier league rules we were at risk of breaking.

Screenshot_20220224-124228_Drive.jpg

Screenshot_20220224-124300_Drive.jpg

Google the Premier League handbook and educate yourself.

Because Moshiri's funds and wealth come from USM.
And what? What does that matter? He isn't an Oligarch or Russian?

He has the money already to back this loan.

Are you expecting anyone who has ever done business with an oligarch to have their accounts frozen?

The money for the stadium doesn't even need to come from a British bank.

You've got no argument beyond doom mongering for obvious reasons.

No it isn't. It's separate from FFP which is managed by UEFA.

It isn't called STCC anymore and the rules have changed but these are the premier league rules we were at risk of breaking.

View attachment 157139
View attachment 157140

Google the Premier League handbook and educate yourself.
You posted about STCC and mentioned wages. STCC or Short Term Cost Control was about controlling wage increases. It was abolished in 2019.

You have now shifted to PSR calculations, which is totally different. PSR is about losses.

You have shown you haven't got a clue what you are talking about.

You posted about STCC and mentioned wages. STCC or Short Term Cost Control was about controlling wage increases. It was abolished in 2019.

You have now shifted to PSR calculations, which is totally different. PSR is about losses.

My apologies for referencing the correct rule that prevented us from spending.

Note that it also isn't FFP.

Due to the losses we had already posted we were prevented from spending more.

USM sponsorship only represents a small proportion of our revenue so losing that sponsorship would not be as catastrophic as you want to portray it to be.

You still haven't shown why the stadium would be at risk due to sanctions against Russian Oligarchs btw.

And what? What does that matter? He isn't an Oligarch or Russian?

He has the money already to back this loan.

Are you expecting anyone who has ever done business with an oligarch to have their accounts frozen?

The money for the stadium doesn't even need to come from a British bank.

You've got no argument beyond doom mongering for obvious reasons.
He is the Chairman of USM. Owned by an Oligarch in Usmanov, Skoch a mobster who is a member of the Russian parliament and himself. The whole point of sanctions is to punish Putin and his inner circle financially.

Even if his assets aren't frozen. He has no way of exchanging roubles for sterling or Dollars. You brought up PSR calculations for the Premier League's financial fair play rules. Well the only way we passed in the last accounts is because USM pumped in tens of millions for the right to bid for naming rights. There is no way that will happen again. So who pays the bills now ?

My apologies for referencing the correct rule that prevented us from spending.

Note that it also isn't FFP.

Due to the losses we had already posted we were prevented from spending more.

USM sponsorship only represents a small proportion of our revenue so losing that sponsorship would not be as catastrophic as you want to portray it to be.
Our gate receipts are tiny, we have already borrowed against the TV money. So without the funds USM and Moshiri pump in we are effectively insolvent. Add in the huge debts and the club is in its most financially precarious position ever.

Even with massive funding from USM in the last accounts, our wages were 89% of our entire turnover.

He is the Chairman of USM. Owned by an Oligarch in Usmanov, Skoch a mobster who is a member of the Russian parliament and himself. The whole point of sanctions is to punish Putin and his inner circle financially.

Even if his assets aren't frozen. He has no way of exchanging roubles for sterling or Dollars. You brought up PSR calculations for the Premier League's financial fair play rules. Well the only way we passed in the last accounts is because USM pumped in tens of millions for the right to bid for naming rights. There is no way that will happen again. So who pays the bills now ?
Is it possible that Moshiri/Usmanov have thought of that before the invasion today ?

We all found out today the invasion is going ahead, I would guess the oligarchs have known this for some time and made preparations accordingly.

If this involves Everton only time will tell, but it isn't as if Usmanov is a direct owner of the club and if they then try to sanction businessmen from other nationalites who have business connections in Russia then the world economy , Europe and the US in particular, will collapse.

Status
Not open for further replies.