Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always liked The Esk. Though I don't always agree with him I find his views interesting and I don't think he ever intends to mislead

You can choose to believe him or take what he says with a pinch of salt, but at least he's brave enough to put a marker in the ground and say what he believes

If lots of people were attacking and harassing you on a forum you probably wouldn't have wanted to stick around either

Mad the way people get annoyed when Moshiri gets rightful criticism, yet people are so desperate for this Usmanov to "save us".

Moshiri's honeymoon period should have ended the minute he made those stupid witch doctor comments about Lukaku

Anyone giving him a free pass after that needs to give their head a wobble

I said it at the time, if another executive at a different football club had said something as stupid as that we would have all quite rightly ripped him a new pair of trousers on here

Moshiri is a perfectly valid target of scrutiny IMO. He shouldn't get any sort of a pass and should be held accountable for his actions or lack thereof

Moshiri's honeymoon period should have ended the minute he made those stupid witch doctor comments about Lukaku

Anyone giving him a free pass after that needs to give their head a wobble

I said it at the time, if another executive at a different football club had said something as stupid as that we would have all quite rightly ripped him a new pair of trousers on here

Absolutely.

I always liked The Esk. Though I don't always agree with him I find his views interesting and I don't think he ever intends to mislead

You can choose to believe him or take what he says with a pinch of salt, but at least he's brave enough to put a marker in the ground and say what he believes

If lots of people were attacking and harassing you on a forum you probably wouldn't have wanted to stick around either
Thing is he did intend to mislead, he wanted people to think he was super ITK and almost a spokesperson, when in reality he was making guesses but tried to pass them of as ITK info he had from the top. All his posts on Twitter like "we are doing this" as if he knew

Thing is he did intend to mislead, he wanted people to think he was super ITK and almost a spokesperson, when in reality he was making guesses but tried to pass them of as ITK info he had from the top. All his posts on Twitter like "we are doing this" as if he knew

He wasn't fabricating sources mate. Not a chance

Yeah, he may have got some bad info and may have been a bit overzealous and excited when reporting said info, but that doesn't mean he was trying to fool anyone

People chose to see it that way, but it wasn't the case in my eyes

From my personal experiences of meeting Esk, I found him to be an enthusiastic guy and I would never see him as someone who would report something if he himself didn't believe it

People like to hate on him but a lot of those people don't really know him

He probably had a mole in the club that divulged stuff ahead of it happening and thought would continue to do so in future, not really esk's fault if they suddenly give out wrong info or their source becomes unreliable. Tbf I believe 100% that the info coming out of the Witsel (& may apply to Mata as well) camp was that he was about to sign imminently. He just used our new found coin to get a move somewhere else.

I've always felt with the Witsel thing as well that the deal was pretty far along and then fell apart. At one point he probably was "ours" but then it went awry

That whole transfer was an absolute saga, so I can believe that happening and Esk being so excited that he jumped the gun. Stuff like that could happen to anyone in that situation. It was clear we wanted him and we've seen with the Leroy Fer and Sissoko deals that things can be pretty much done but still not happen at zero hour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back