• Yes

Votes: 342 56.1%
  • No

Votes: 268 43.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday’s booing demonstrated the depths we’re plummeting to as a Club under Allardyce. The man is a cancer, and I don’t use that word lightly for obvious reasons, but he is dragging Everton further into the abyss. We are on course to follow Leeds and the like with this out-dated crook at the helm.
Give players stick for poor performances by all means but yesterday saddened me as a long-time season ticket holder. I’ve seen much, much worse players and those give much less effort than MS, but none were publically put on a virtual gallows by the manager to deflect criticism from his own pathetic performances.
That level of public criticism should be focussed on Allardyce. Turning on a player will change nothing, only worsen the situation. Turning on the manager will quickly force the owners hands.
Way too strong that. Arsenal aside I don’t think he’s done too much wrong. We’re better off now than before he arrived.

Having said that, I’d rather we got someone else in in the summer.

Yesterday’s booing demonstrated the depths we’re plummeting to as a Club under Allardyce. The man is a cancer, and I don’t use that word lightly for obvious reasons, but he is dragging Everton further into the abyss. We are on course to follow Leeds and the like with this out-dated crook at the helm.
Give players stick for poor performances by all means but yesterday saddened me as a long-time season ticket holder. I’ve seen much, much worse players and those give much less effort than MS, but none were publically put on a virtual gallows by the manager to deflect criticism from his own pathetic performances.
That level of public criticism should be focussed on Allardyce. Turning on a player will change nothing, only worsen the situation. Turning on the manager will quickly force the owners hands.
Personally, yesterday's boos epitomises how crass some of our fan base has became and like yourself I really can't see how it'll do any benefit.

There's no doubt that Schneiderlin has been poor for a fair, which I don't defend, and his performance at Arsenal was bordering on shameful.

However, I sincerely believe that as long as he's in the blue then booing your own player is wrong, especially for just getting ready to come.

Do they expect that he'll now give his best after it? What will the other players think? "Oh, I have a dip in form and I'll get it from them all".

We heralded ourselves as the people's club where fans came and felt at home - felt loved; now, we're getting a cancerous faction of boo boys.

Personally, yesterday's boos epitomises how crass some of our fan base has became and like yourself I really can't see how it'll do any benefit.

There's no doubt that Schneiderlin has been poor for a fair, which I don't defend, and his performance at Arsenal was bordering on shameful.

However, I sincerely believe that as long as he's in the blue then booing your own player is wrong, especially for just getting ready to come.

Do they expect that he'll now give his best after it? What will the other players think? "Oh, I have a dip in form and I'll get it from them all".

We heralded ourselves as the people's club where fans came and felt at home - felt loved; now, we're getting a cancerous faction of boo boys.

To be fair, lots of players have been crap all season and they don't get booed. The difference is, they've at least shown a bit of effort.

I think it's great Evertonians have stopped clapping along. You talk about the people's club as though it was a good thing. A self proclaimed title we gave ourselves because we stopped competing for trophies.

To be fair, lots of players have been crap all season and they don't get booed. The difference is, they've at least shown a bit of effort.

I think it's great Evertonians have stopped clapping along. You talk about the people's club as though it was a good thing. A self proclaimed title we gave ourselves because we stopped competing for trophies.
Sorry, but that's a glib response to the point that we as a club, who once famed ourselves on great support, have become a fickle, crass show.

Nor is it merely the booing of Morgan yesterday that the issue within a growing swathe of our support, rather it's numerous other examples.

Sorry, but that's a glib response to the point that we as a club, who once famed ourselves on great support, have become a fickle, crass show.

Nor is it merely the booing of Morgan yesterday that the issue within a growing swathe of our support, rather it's numerous other examples.

Didn't we confront Catterick in a car park after an away game? Wasn't there Kendall out posters everywhere before a match too? It's only over the past 15 years or so we've grown spineless and clapped Kenwright and the crap that's been served up.

The other top clubs demand more of their players. Why can't we? Or are we no longer a top club and therefore we accept spineless performances lacking in not only quality but effort as well?

To be fair he signed a centre back who couldn't head the ball and a bloke who went awol the day of a cup semi final...
Drenthe didn't go AWOL on cup SF final day, he was told he wouldn't be playing because he was (apparently) on the ale a couple of nights before...a decision by Moyes that robbed us of a forward threat that could have pinned Liverpool back a bit more whwn we were 1-0 up and needed relief of the pressure placed on our defence. As I say, I'm no fan of Moyes, but by and large he got the mentality of players about right (Drenthe and fellow Ducth divvy AVM apart).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back