• Yes

Votes: 342 56.1%
  • No

Votes: 268 43.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, lots of players have been crap all season and they don't get booed. The difference is, they've at least shown a bit of effort.

I think it's great Evertonians have stopped clapping along. You talk about the people's club as though it was a good thing. A self proclaimed title we gave ourselves because we stopped competing for trophies.

In fairness....thats a great point

You'd like to think it was the latter, but I think it was the former. If so, not good. The player has been very poor this season and in my view shouldn't be selected right now. But booing before he comes on.... hmmm.

You could argue he needs to know his performances have been unaceptible.
Im not usualy a fan of a boo.
But i feel this one is justified, there are only 2 people that can stop that. Ham head can stop selecting him, or schneiderlin can actually take a look at his own performances and shape up

There aren't many ways for fans to express displeasure. I'm all for it.

"Great support" doesn't just mean blindly handing over 40 quid and tolerating millionaires go through the motions.

Boo your lungs out for lack of effort and disloyal chicanery, I say.

The whole team should have been booed off yesterday as well as its poster boy for being the personification for its abject collapses all season.

They needed to know that a win against a rubbish club at home (shorn of its best player, btw) does not make up for the maulings they've taken this season and the humiliation that it's caused fans.

Now THAT would have been a statement that would have had all the country sitting up and taking notice and shamed this club into having a long look at itself.

Sams biggest mistake up to now was not shipping out Schneiderlin in January, disruptive players such as Barkley and Mirallas went Snides was the final one who should have gone. Baningame should have his place on the bench, then just outcast Snides no one can say he doesn't deserve it.

Didn't we confront Catterick in a car park after an away game? Wasn't there Kendall out posters everywhere before a match too? It's only over the past 15 years or so we've grown spineless and clapped Kenwright and the crap that's been served up.

The other top clubs demand more of their players. Why can't we? Or are we no longer a top club and therefore we accept spineless performances lacking in not only quality but effort as well?
You're mistaking my point as one of acceptance with regards to a lack quality, determination or effort - it's not. Like I said, I can't defend Morgan.

But when you are referring to what the top clubs demand of the players, do you think their players feel so uncomfortable playing at home?

Do you feel that they receive as much criticism as ours do on a regular basis? Do they boo their own players? I sincerely doubt that they do.

Goodison has in the mainstay become a graveyard over the last few years apart from the abject groans et al. Where's the support there?

From that, I simply can't see how booing one of our own players before he even comes on is going to do any good with regards to the squad.

There's ways of venting frustration and showing our expectations, alongside supporting those who deserver it, without looking like idiots.

If you spend your hard earned money to go and watch a football match then you are entitled to express your opinion in whatever way you choose, within the confines of the law. If a player is getting paid to play at a level commensurate with his salary and he doesn't do so then fans are justified in expressing their feelings. Finally, if players are willing to accept the plaudits then they have to be prepared to accept the criticism

Real fans boo Benzema and Bale most weekends. And we're talking 2 top class players. AC Milan fans targeted Donnerumma so much that he actually cried.

I think this is being overblown a touch. I didn't get the timing cause we've not led by 3 goals very often this year, but fans need to have a means of showing players and coaches that they expect better.

Real fans boo Benzema and Bale most weekends. And we're talking 2 top class players. AC Milan fans targeted Donnerumma so much that he actually cried.

I think this is being overblown a touch. I didn't get the timing cause we've not led by 3 goals very often this year, but fans need to have a means of showing players and coaches that they expect better.
Awesome. I'd love to see Schneiderlin cry.

I was booing Fat Sam’s decision not to bring Tuson on as much as I was booing Schneiderlin and it is totally justified.

More of these players need booing. Get them out.

What the booing SHOULD do is let him know his effort hasn’t been enough. Niasse isn’t a great footballer, but his effort is admirable. If you give your best in the Everton shirt, no chance you get booed like that. No chance.

But this idea that he’s gone and the crowd will never get behind him is crazy. It would take a couple hard tackles and a bit of actual hustle, not much more than that.

Personally, I would never boo a player wearing an Everton shirt, especially as he is coming on to the field of play. I despise Allardyce with a passion and couldn't believe it when he was appointed manager, but when he was announced to the crowd, I just sat in silence - silence can speak volumes as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back