• Yes

Votes: 342 56.1%
  • No

Votes: 268 43.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're mistaking my point as one of acceptance with regards to a lack quality, determination or effort - it's not. Like I said, I can't defend Morgan.

But when you are referring to what the top clubs demand of the players, do you think their players feel so uncomfortable playing at home?

Do you feel that they receive as much criticism as ours do on a regular basis? Do they boo their own players? I sincerely doubt that they do.

Goodison has in the mainstay become a graveyard over the last few years apart from the abject groans et al. Where's the support there?

From that, I simply can't see how booing one of our own players before he even comes on is going to do any good with regards to the squad.

There's ways of venting frustration and showing our expectations, alongside supporting those who deserver it, without looking like idiots.

Liverpool fans hounded Konchesky and Hodgson out of the club, likewise United with Moyes, Chelsea with Benitez and Arsenal fans seem happy with Wenger...

You see, these clubs aren't fans of tolerating failure. They do something about it very quickly. If one player who hasn't been arsed all year gets a few boos when we are 3-0 up then what is the problem?

The whole team should have been booed off yesterday as well as its poster boy for being the personification for its abject collapses all season.

They needed to know that a win against a rubbish club at home (shorn of its best player, btw) does not make up for the maulings they've taken this season and the humiliation that it's caused fans.

Now THAT would have been a statement that would have had all the country sitting up and taking notice and shamed this club into having a long look at itself.

Utterly ridiculous. Boo your team for winning this week, because they should have played better last week.

You're mistaking my point as one of acceptance with regards to a lack quality, determination or effort - it's not. Like I said, I can't defend Morgan.

But when you are referring to what the top clubs demand of the players, do you think their players feel so uncomfortable playing at home?

Do you feel that they receive as much criticism as ours do on a regular basis? Do they boo their own players? I sincerely doubt that they do.

Goodison has in the mainstay become a graveyard over the last few years apart from the abject groans et al. Where's the support there?

From that, I simply can't see how booing one of our own players before he even comes on is going to do any good with regards to the squad.

There's ways of venting frustration and showing our expectations, alongside supporting those who deserver it, without looking like idiots.

Your missing a significant point.
Those clubs regularly compete for trophies and there is an implied pressure playing for those clubs.

The pressure of playing at home for Chelsea, Liverpool etc is far greater than Everton. They tend to produce performances at home as well as away too.

What the booing SHOULD do is let him know his effort hasn’t been enough. Niasse isn’t a great footballer, but his effort is admirable. If you give your best in the Everton shirt, no chance you get booed like that. No chance.

But this idea that he’s gone and the crowd will never get behind him is crazy. It would take a couple hard tackles and a bit of actual hustle, not much more than that.

This. Toffee Tim mentioned Real Madrid fans booing Bale and Benzema, and Milan fans reducing Donnaruma to tears. When Marcelo first arrived at Madrid he was reduced to tears by fans boos. He stepped up and has become an idol and a mainstay of their success.

I personally wouldn't boo but it's a personal decisión.

Don’t agree with booing our own players. Williams got booed when he was warming up to come as sub at one of the away games and at least he reacted and has been a bit better of late.. this lad bottles out of tackles , strolls around and generally doesn’t care ... so on this occasion I agree !

Liverpool fans hounded Konchesky and Hodgson out of the club, likewise United with Moyes, Chelsea with Benitez and Arsenal fans seem happy with Wenger...

You see, these clubs aren't fans of tolerating failure. They do something about it very quickly. If one player who hasn't been arsed all year gets a few boos when we are 3-0 up then what is the problem?

It’s embarassing apparently, but winning nothing in over 20 years and getting humiliated every other week is absolutely fine and should be clapped by all the super bloos.

If you don’t agree with booing then you don’t agree with cheering. Why applaud s player for a great performance but then not boo consistently bad ones? It’s baffling, maybe we should all just sit there in silence, oh wait that’s what most of the fans do now isn’t it, sot there doing nothing apart from shushing anyone who demands better.

Not a fan of booing individual players. But I can understand why its happening. Maybe we should no longer be called “supporters”.

At the end of the day, fans pay for their tickets are entitled to their opinion. If you pay to see a show and the actors are half arsed your going to show disgruntlementd
Depends on if you see yourself as a supporter or a customer. Even if I go to the theatre and see a substandard performance I can't Imagine the audience booing. Maybe demanding their money back and refusing to see the actors responsible again but coming back to see the same actor's a week after a particularly awful performance and booing him before he's even got on stage?!

One of many players and staff that hopefully won't be here next season, booing our players isn't something I'd do but I'm not arsed if someone else wants to do it.

I assumed the booing was for not bringing Tosun on when we were cruising with that being an ideal opportunity to try and get his confidence up, but someone mentioned an injury to Gueye so I guess that could have influenced it.

Utterly ridiculous. Boo your team for winning this week, because they should have played better last week.
They need booing every week for the utter shambles of this season. They should be ashamed of themselves.

Fully behind letting these gutless cowards know exactly what we think of them. Hopefully most of them won’t be here next season.

Depends on if you see yourself as a supporter or a customer. Even if I go to the theatre and see a substandard performance I can't Imagine the audience booing. Maybe demanding their money back and refusing to see the actors responsible again but coming back to see the same actor's a week after a particularly awful performance and booing him before he's even got on stage?!

Wouldn't boo as that's not really a proper reaction for plays. But the reaction you mention is the equivalent of footy fans booing imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back