• Yes

Votes: 342 56.1%
  • No

Votes: 268 43.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You could argue he needs to know his performances have been unaceptible.
Im not usualy a fan of a boo.
But I feel this one is justified, there are only 2 people that can stop that. Ham head can stop selecting him, or schneiderlin can actually take a look at his own performances and shape up
Yeah you can argue it for sure. Just not a fan of it. I mean where do you stop. Schneiderlin has been awful I know. Should not even be on the bench in my view. If Klaassen somehow gets a place on the bench and comes on do we boo him? What about Williams? Keane?
Martina has been shocking for most of season (did ok yesterday I thought). He doesn't get booed (groans more like).
So, as you say, it might make him buck up, and time will tell. It just didn't feel right to me.
Ps. I was hoping we sold him in January to be fair. ;)

Not something I’d do personally but I respect the right if others feel different. It’s not something seen often at Goodison but Schneiderlins continued levels of apathy and ineptitude has obviously pushed the match-going fans past a point which many just can’t accept and so feel the only way to convey this directly is with booing.

Btw would love to see the cushions reinstalled for the rest of the season.

I wasn't at the game yesterday and I've only seen one match live all season, so I'm only going on reading fans' comments and newspaper reports, but it seems that Schneiderlin's attitude has been appalling all season on the pitch, and off, too, if there's truth in the story he was sent home from training one day. While I've never booed an Everton player, I fully understand and sympathise with those who booed MS yesterday. It's one of the few ways fans get make their displeasure clear. The key thing is how he reacts. If he takes the time to think why he was booed, and then reacts positively, then there's a fine player there who can contribute to the team. If he abdicates responsibility for it, and just blames the fans, then he's not the kind of player we need, and he should leave as soon as possible, to drain the finances of some other club.

Yeah you can argue it for sure. Just not a fan of it. I mean where do you stop. Schneiderlin has been awful I know. Should not even be on the bench in my view. If Klaassen somehow gets a place on the bench and comes on do we boo him? What about Williams? Keane?
Martina has been shocking for most of season (did ok yesterday I thought). He doesn't get booed (groans more like).
So, as you say, it might make him buck up, and time will tell. It just didn't feel right to me.
Ps. I was hoping we sold him in January to be fair. ;)

I think the difference is though mate is, we knew Martina was never any good when we brought him in, so when he plays crap, makes mistakes, it's too be expected (hence the groans) with Schneiderlin we know (after his performances last season) that he is a good player, the problem this season has been his attitude, he just looks like he couldn't be arsed, getting himself deliberately sent off against Lyon like the coward he is was disgraceful, and just shows him up for the tit he is.

I've said it before, the reason (IMO) with the attitude, not arsed when out on the pitch is down to him thinking he's too good for us.

Yesterday’s booing demonstrated the depths we’re plummeting to as a Club under Allardyce. The man is a cancer, and I don’t use that word lightly for obvious reasons, but he is dragging Everton further into the abyss. We are on course to follow Leeds and the like with this out-dated crook at the helm.
Give players stick for poor performances by all means but yesterday saddened me as a long-time season ticket holder. I’ve seen much, much worse players and those give much less effort than MS, but none were publically put on a virtual gallows by the manager to deflect criticism from his own pathetic performances.
That level of public criticism should be focussed on Allardyce. Turning on a player will change nothing, only worsen the situation. Turning on the manager will quickly force the owners hands.
I disagree. If I was that player and the fans gave me that reaction, it would tell me that I have not been playing well enough, and that would in turn make me want to prove them wrong by putting in more effort, because I value attitude and professionalism, as we all should if we want the best for our club.

It’s embarassing apparently, but winning nothing in over 20 years and getting humiliated every other week is absolutely fine and should be clapped by all the super bloos.

I didn’t know that by not booing a player I was therefore celebrating my clubs failure to win a trophy . I need to keep up on stuff like this , is there a fact sheet you can give me or a website you can point me to .

If you don’t agree with booing then you don’t agree with cheering. Why applaud s player for a great performance but then not boo consistently bad ones? It’s baffling, maybe we should all just sit there in silence, oh wait that’s what most of the fans do now isn’t it, sot there doing nothing apart from shushing anyone who demands better.

So you think the game should basically be cheering and booing in equal measure, Don’t you think that’d all come across a bit weird ?

Personally I’ve never suggested i’m a super blue I’m just a match going Evertonian . I can’t say that I haven’t heard boos , of course we all have , but that just felt a bit pathetic and everyone is talking about people being entitled to their own opinion well surely I’m entitled to mine ? I don’t like Schneiderlin and I don’t really want him featuring for us but I personally don’t see what we gained , I just wanted the three points yesterday and then to get a few pints down my neck and booong the player didn’t help with that . I understand the booing at the whistle but at a substitution that’s what felt unnatural.

His attitude in the past 6 months has been nothing short of a disgrace. The training incident and the closing down video and his general shirking of responsibility would have seen him sacked in any other profession imo. The guy is on 100 grand a week or something FFS. How selfish and ungrateful do you have to be.

We have to demand more as fans if we want to achieve.

Last edited:
His attitude in the past 6 months has been nothing short of a disgrace. The training incident and the closing down video and his general shirking of responsibility would have seen him sacked in any other profession imo. The guy is on 100 grand a week or something FFS. How selfish and ungrateful do you have to be.

We have to demand more as fans if we want to achieve.

I don’t disagree with any of that

Last edited:
I didn’t know that by not booing a player I was therefore celebrating my clubs failure to win a trophy . I need to keep up on stuff like this , is there a fact sheet you can give me or a website you can point me to .

So you think the game should basically be cheering and booing in equal measure, Don’t you think that’d all come across a bit weird ?

Personally I’ve never suggested i’m a super blue I’m just a match going Evertonian . I can’t say that I haven’t heard boos , of course we all have , but that just felt a bit pathetic and everyone is talking about people being entitled to their own opinion well surely I’m entitled to mine ? I don’t like Schneiderlin and I don’t really want him featuring for us but I personally don’t see what we gained , I just wanted the three points yesterday and then to get a few pints down my neck and booong the player didn’t help with that . I understand the booing at the whistle but at a substitution that’s what felt unnatural.
We gained Morgan Schneiderlin learning that fans are not happy at all with his pathetic level of performances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back