Was that as bad as anything you've seen at goodison?

Worst one for me was Man Utd in the cup during COVID lost 2-0 but was dominated from first kick to last. With only a few thousand fans spread out and wearing masks and the performance it was soulless and didn't feel like football.

Today just feels numb like Watford. Brighton 4-1 defeat at home where they demolished us and we only had a consolation penalty, but that was dreadful.

The worst 9 minutes at GP for sure. Too many chiefs with no one actually taking responsibility to calm it down,
Imagine that happening with Peter Reid in the team? Never in a month of Sundays.
Shame on them all. Pickford made some saves but he was hopeless as an anchor. Should have exuded calmness and retained possession.
Ndaiye and Tim don't deserve to be lumped into that shambles.

Confidence was really low but that destroyed anything that was left. I've seen awful before but this feels terminal. We could well be looking at today as a key date by the seasons end.

You know, in recent years I have become so innured to bad results that wether I am at the match or watching on TV, I just shrug it off almost immediately.

But four hours late I am still feeling utterly crushed after that.

You know, in recent years I have become so innured to bad results that wether I am at the match or watching on TV, I just shrug it off almost immediately.

But four hours late I am feeling utterly crushed after that.
On our way to a confidence boosting win only to implode in typical Everton fashion from the 87th minute onwards.

If the worst does indeed come to the worst, then i will look back on today as the turning point. I feel it will be very hard for Dyche to recover from this one.

On our way to a confidence boosting win only to implode in typical Everton fashion from the 87th minute onwards.

If the worst does indeed come to the worst, then i will look back on today as the turning point. I feel it will be very hard for Dyche to recover from this one.

I was reading on Twitter earlier that since the PL era began, 87 minutes is the latest that a team trailing by two goals has turned it round and won the game 😂

How effing Everton is that.

You know, for 86 minutes, I actually had a bit of hope. Thought we looked comfortable and played some nice stuff...
I should have known because it's mentioned on here a fair bit but "it's the hope that kills you"

I don't mind getting beat when we play poorly - but those substations should cost Dyche his job ..... no way should we conceded the way we did - wrong substitutes & an old full back , an Old defensive midfielder were the ones to substitute .... & maybe a CB ....

For 10 minutes - not far off, but I was at the Glen Keeley derby which for nearly a whole game was the worst I’ve seen - so much so I was stood on Sandhills platform at around 4.30 pm!
A horrible afternoon, but we were up against (let's be honest) a brilliant team at their peak and we had 10 men for most of the game. And quite a few of our team that afternoon would go on to enjoy a bit of success, so maybe they learnt a thing or two about how ruthless you have to be to get to the top? Games like today, against one of the most mediocre teams I've seen us play against (they'd have settled for 0-2 with ten mins left thinking they'd got off lightly)is much, much worse.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back