Watching it again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coming from someone who's been in tiffs over the years on here, I'm confident I've had a few put me on ignore. But at the end of the day, we don't want anyone leaving the forum.

I wish we could just fool around with comments like this...i love the other GOT too so doubly-enjoyed that comment from tommye.

On-topic...JAGS!!!
Sorry you misunderstood .... I was lolling at you thinking you had a significance ...and then playing up to it ha ha ha ..... I'll take an infraction for that lol

Reactions: FTY
Sorry you misunderstood .... I was lolling at you thinking you had a significance ...and then playing up to it ha ha ha ..... I'll take an infraction for that lol

I genuinely don't think I have a significance in the real sense. Only a very few posters outside of the mods/admin have that. I just enjoy playing the GOT myth game, so took on that imagined role with enthusiasm xx

like hell he meant that!

i6xap2GfIAqM6.gif

To be fair he did mean it...I mean, even the likes of us lot have sweetly-connected with a ball from time to time (used to hit some belters myself, like). And he did have space and time to set himself up. Doesn't change the fact that more often than not Osman's shot is weak, only Pienaar and perhaps Macca have less dangerous shooting ability.

Just watch their faces. They know it's going in before he even hits it. The dismay... delightful.

I love the fat lad who's clapping on his team. Encouraging them on their defensive solidity, like. Keeps doing it as the ball rockets into his team's goal.

Sticking it to the Scouser here at work. Words like lucky goal, Jags would never be able to do that again, Barry clearly hand balled, etc, etc...he said it's typical that we're happy with a draw. I responded with "If we get a draw with a belter from outside the box in front of the Kop in the 92nd minute, I'd take a draw every time!!!" He's bleedin'!!!

haha! threatening to use the clique to help you win a silly argument...

oh here they come...

are we back at school? This is anti-GOT crap.

On-topic, can any of yous who've rewatched let us know your ?
who asked you?

Anti GOT? Are you for real you monumental bellend?

Look, you know the majority on here think you're a gobsh1te, so why don't you toddle off and play with your cameras, re-adjust your bandana, and fook off into the sunset. This place was/is fine without you. You only come on to cause arguments. You offer absolutely nothing to this place, you never have.

tit

Last edited:
Thought Hibbo played well. He didn't dive in against Stirling and did his best to shepherd him back inside to where McCarthy could mop up. Off the top of my head I can remember only one time where Sterling got past him, yet he's been tormenting fullbacks across England all year.

Do I want him in the team?
Not really. He still doesn't fit in to out current system where the marauding full backs are pivotal but that's beside the point when it comes to his performance.

Roberto only really had two options when it came to right back - Hibbo or Browning. McCarthy could play there at a push but we'd lose all out legs in the middle of the park. For me throwing an untested youngster in from the start could have been suicidal for both the player and the defence and playing it by ear meant he could assess the situation and see if Browning could make a positive impact. It turns out Browning was great!

Also those saying McCarthy had to give Hibbo too much cover must have never seen the amount of work James puts in to cover Seamus bombing forward.

I'm not that convinced Lukaku's young age automatically means he's a good investment. Players can get worse after shinining for a season or two. Andy Carroll is the supreme example: cost 35m at age 20 or 21 after a very good 15-20 goal season, never really hit those heights again. There's plenty of other examples.

But agree with your wider point, Lukaku's transfer fee was about correct for his age, ability, achievements & potential. Confirmed by this recent analysis:

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-28984274

Good Points.

Thought Hibbo played well. He didn't dive in against Stirling and did his best to shepherd him back inside to where McCarthy could mop up. Off the top of my head I can remember only one time where Sterling got past him, yet he's been tormenting fullbacks across England all year.

Do I want him in the team?
Not really. He still doesn't fit in to out current system where the marauding full backs are pivotal but that's beside the point when it comes to his performance.

Roberto only really had two options when it came to right back - Hibbo or Browning. McCarthy could play there at a push but we'd lose all out legs in the middle of the park. For me throwing an untested youngster in from the start could have been suicidal for both the player and the defence and playing it by ear meant he could assess the situation and see if Browning could make a positive impact. It turns out Browning was great!

Also those saying McCarthy had to give Hibbo too much cover must have never seen the amount of work James puts in to cover Seamus bombing forward.
How many times did Hibbo back peddle and stand like a statue????

I had to watch again to see if Naismith was actually playing. Eto'o should have been on the pitch a lot earlier than he was. Naismith has played in a 433 before and been a lot more involved; but he was completely anonymous in that Derby.

haha! threatening to use the clique to help you win a silly argument...

oh here they come...

are we back at school? This is anti-GOT crap.

On-topic, can any of yous who've rewatched let us know your thoughts on how was the period between their goal and our equaliser? This was the period I had a real problem with, on first watch we appeared entirely helpless to do anything about the score. How is it on second watch?

Whats silly about pointing out you should support the team and not put the boot into the players and constantly bitch and moan about them?

Seemed a fair point to me. Not sure why you saw necessary to jump in to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back