• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of our fans in here are acting small time.
Everton fans
Rooney is back
Rooney wants to play for is again
Thank you Rooney

Rooney
It's OK guys, man u didn't want me any more

Some of our fans in here are acting small time.
Everton fans
Rooney is back
Rooney wants to play for is again
Thank you Rooney

Rooney
It's OK guys, man u didn't want me any more
Is it for you to say what "small time" is?
Perfectly natural for fans to want one of the greatest talents the club has produced to come back and play for the club.

Rooney would improve us, so I'd like him back as long as he isn't too expensive.

It would be nice, but only if he's still got something to offer.

If, like people are suggesting, his body has hit the wall then I'm afraid there is no going back and he wouldn't offer us much.

A Club like ours can't waste money on romantic notions.

Nice idea though, oh Wayne.

Rooneys on the downward spiral now as a footballer I'm afraid,it would be another Eto'o like signing for me,yeah in two years time you may see glimpses if what he once was,but not enough on a week to week basis for what we need as a club.

Rooneys on the downward spiral now as a footballer I'm afraid,it would be another Eto'o like signing for me,yeah in two years time you may see glimpses if what he once was,but not enough on a week to week basis for what we need as a club.

He left it to late now to join us. He could have joined 2 seasons ago when his contract was due to run out but he managed to get 300k a week for 5 years, thanks to Moyes. So he chose money once again which is his decision. He doesn't have the passion in him to lead our club when he was in his peak, whta chance does he have now with his body in decline. He will be off to mls for his next pay day.

To be honest I wouldnt take him back, his legs have gone plus I wouldnt give him the satisfaction of playing in an Everton shirt again. Would love him to have that tiny regret in him. Are we really that desperate to take him now because he no good for man u. Let's have some pride. Let's send a message out to Everton fans ,yeah you can give your best years to another team and we will take you back when they don't want you anymore.
Agree with this tbh. He left us, went to a money club to win trophies and get paid, and now that he can't hack it at a money club anymore we're supposed to take him back with open arms? How condescending.

I would love to see him here again, but sadly it won't happen for all the reasons people mention.

If we could get him back though I think he would bring great things to our club.
I love what Martinez is doing and some of the signings are providing us with a great platform for the future, but with all the young signings you need experience in the team.we have that in Jagielka and Barry at the moment who provide that experience, and we need that moving forward. If we brought Rooney in it would give us that great level of experience and also a top player who still has a good few years left in him.

The romantic in me says he will come back on a reduced wage to payback what we give him in his formative years, also him knowing he could make us potential prem winners will tip the balance

I still don't believe he wil come though

Agree with this tbh. He left us, went to a money club to win trophies and get paid, and now that he can't hack it at a money club anymore we're supposed to take him back with open arms? How condescending.
Surely the question if he wanted to come back would be the practical one of whether he would be a better fit in the team than other players that were available for a similar or cheaper price?

If he was a superior option then would be a bit daft to avoid signing him just because he left us earlier in his career.

Is there even sentimental purpose having Rooney back at Everton? Hes finished. Then there's the matter of £235,000 a week, can't see him down grading to 50,000 and in all honesty I'd rather we went out and looked for someone younger. In commercial terms it would be good business having him around the club but on the playing field he offers little anymore.

Realistically, forgetting he was Wayne Rooney, if he came back it should be to come back with the expectation of being primarily used as an impact sub. His legs aren't what they were, but he'd bust a gut for 30 minutes in a royal blue shirt and, especially at Goodison, Rooney coming on would get the crowd going.

If you're not a fan of Everton Football Club being patronised, then Rooney returning shouldn't really appeal to you.
Him returning to Everton is a step down for him, in his eyes. We weren't good enough for him in his prime years - he didn't want to become a Gerrard figure for us and drive us on to glory. Rather than be the main man and have a team built around like Everton legends of yesteryear, he chose the easy route to personal glory. Which - fair enough, fair play to him, whatever. But you can't have it both ways. You can't chose the easy way to glory, then paint yourself as some tribal blue longing to come home.

He's entering the twilight of his career. He's no longer at his very best. We as a club have aspirations to be in the top 4. He's essentially being deemed surplus to requirements at a top 4 club in Utd, no longer deemed good enough for them. Logically, there is no reason to take him. We should be moving on from the days of 'not good enough for Utd but good enough for Everton'.

Realistically, forgetting he was Wayne Rooney, if he came back it should be to come back with the expectation of being primarily used as an impact sub. His legs aren't what they were, but he'd bust a gut for 30 minutes in a royal blue shirt and, especially at Goodison, Rooney coming on would get the crowd going.
I actually think he'd be a starter week in week out for us. He'd take Kone's current place with ease. At least for the next season or two, after that he'd be an impact sub, in my opinion.

Won't happen though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back