• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely! I'm not saying I'd rather have Rooney tied down on a long term contract than Rom, I'm saying that right now he is a better player than all of our attackers. Rooney would add loads to our squad especially if we're in Europe next year and what happens if Rom gets injured? I think in a couple of years Rom will be better than Rooney, and he's probably a better out and out goal scorer right now, but if there's a chance this preseason we can get him and the price and wages are right we'd be stupid not to.
On the form of this season ross is better

How many goals has Rooney scored in 2015?

Genuine question: he's not even scored more than Kone has he? Two?

I read before he's scored one away goal in 18 months.

Some player, wow.

What a superstar.

What else does he offer, aside from bleeding clubs dry on his insane wages and being an appalling role model?

At least Kone has an excuse for not being that good. He's looked easily better than Rooney so far this season but that's not saying much.
I missed you too buddy. A few posts in and you've already called half the fanbase idiots for disagreeing with your clearly well thought out opinion.

For all that Rooney is "past it", he still scored at a rate better than 1 in 3 in the league last year, and has still bagged 5 goals and an assist this year.
What's Kone done again like ever.

Rooney is clearly the better player and younger at that too.

On the form of this season ross is better
Definitely, Ross is going through a fantastic spell and long may it continue but overall Rooney is still the better player right now. I'm not trying to play down our own players qualities and I've been one of the ones supporting Ross and Rom through their poor spells over the last year but Rooney is still a top class player and would certainly add loads to our squad if the price is right. Everyone got very excited about bringing in Eto'o who was what 34 at the time? It seemed to not work out because he didn't have the drive to play for us or prove himself and had a falling out or two but I can't see that being an issue for Rooney if he comes back to Goodison.

People saying they wouldn't want him back, I bet you're still fuming about that bird who left when you were 19 aren't you?

She's got a family, big house and you're still living in your ma's spare bedroom.

Definitely, Ross is going through a fantastic spell and long may it continue but overall Rooney is still the better player right now. I'm not trying to play down our own players qualities and I've been one of the ones supporting Ross and Rom through their poor spells over the last year but Rooney is still a top class player and would certainly add loads to our squad if the price is right. Everyone got very excited about bringing in Eto'o who was what 34 at the time? It seemed to not work out because he didn't have the drive to play for us or prove himself and had a falling out or two but I can't see that being an issue for Rooney if he comes back to Goodison.
Give me a choice between the 2 and id choose ross, rooneys been on the decline for a while and hes not the type thats going to go on for several more years

Surely the question if he wanted to come back would be the practical one of whether he would be a better fit in the team than other players that were available for a similar or cheaper price?

If he was a superior option then would be a bit daft to avoid signing him just because he left us earlier in his career.
No, I totally agree there. I'd have him back if he'd improve the squad.

I just don't see a scenario in which it would make financial sense to sign a 30 year old with a lot of mileage for an 8 figure fee plus whatever his massive wages are.

This the PSG in France where they demand 50% or 60% in tax of your wages. Tax dodging that's all fella.

I'm sure it's because France, at the time, taxed according to your assets. therefore, anyone who earned an income would be taxed a percentage of what they own. Between the Beckhams, their net worth was so high, that this meant they would be losing money, or at best, breaking even. Whilst it was a great publicity stunt, and I like the bloke, I think this one was down to money too...

If he would improve the team and was willing to accept our wage restrictions then yes, obviously if we could afford the transfer fee. I'd imagine if he did come back he would be as hungry as anyone posting on here is for success and would give 100% every week.

Cant see it happening at the end of this season,money ect
if we waited any longer he would be to old to be much good for us for any length of time, dont want him coming back as a has been.
End of season or never from me.

Ffs he's not coming back for a very long time at the very least, he's a judas and he'll be past it if he does come back. He doesn't play for us so lock it or at the very least move it to that world football forum

I missed you too buddy. A few posts in and you've already called half the fanbase idiots for disagreeing with your clearly well thought out opinion.

For all that Rooney is "past it", he still scored at a rate better than 1 in 3 in the league last year, and has still bagged 5 goals and an assist this year.
What's Kone done again like ever.

Rooney is clearly the better player and younger at that too.
Wayne Rooney. 250k/300k a week, five league goals in 2015. This season, seven games (started every game), one goal and stinking the place out on a weekly basis.

Arouna Kone, on about 40k a week, two goals from eight appearances this season, but only five starts to his name.

We can forget Kone's last two years due to his unfortunate luck with injuries. Rooney has no such excuse.

Also, only a fool would disagree that Kone appears to be on the up and looking much more like the player he was two/three years ago, while Rooney is massively losing quality/fitness/sharpness/a goal-scoring instinct/interest.

I kind of get people defending him as he's a supposed massive Evertonian and Scouser, but really he's not a patch on the player he once was, despite him in the prime of his career. He should be at the top for another two years yet, minimum, but he's finished.

Jan or summer 2016 at the very latest and willing to play as an impact sub? Yes please.

Any later for the move or if he wants to start every game then nope.

Wayne Rooney. 250k/300k a week, five league goals in 2015. This season, seven games (started every game), one goal and stinking the place out on a weekly basis.

Arouna Kone, on about 40k a week, two goals from eight appearances this season, but only five starts to his name.

We can forget Kone's last two years due to his unfortunate luck with injuries. Rooney has no such excuse.

Also, only a fool would disagree that Kone appears to be on the up and looking much more like the player he was two/three years ago, while Rooney is massively losing quality/fitness/sharpness/a goal-scoring instinct/interest.

I kind of get people defending him as he's a supposed massive Evertonian and Scouser, but really he's not a patch on the player he once was, despite him in the prime of his career. He should be at the top for another two years yet, minimum, but he's finished.
Kone's only ever going to be a solid option if he can stay fit and functioning. Given his hugely significant knee issues if he reinjures that knee he'll likely be forced into early retirement.
Rooney offers far more as a player, not only improving our subs but starting 11 too.
My only concern is wages, I think he's a quality player and will continue to be a quality player for a few years yet. He'd have to come this summer for me or probably not at all.

The way Galloway and Browning have been playing, give it until Jan and the stories of a swap deal with United will be all over the press.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back