• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coleen wants some LA Sun lar. Not Scouse moon beds.

I cant see him coming back personally, the fact that he still has 3 years left on a contract worth 250k makes me think that.

But hes 1 of us Bry.

He left us and became the greatest English striker of all time, won every major honour the English game has to offer and made an utter fortune.

Not bad for a granny shagger from Croccy lad.

I can't believe people are advocating his return, and using the fact the romantic aspect is the cause of people not wanting it.

He f*cked us over, he has trodden all over our history on very emotional days when he return ( anyone care to remember him kissing the badge on ballys day?) he has been sued by our previous manager, and all because people fancy him in this mid 30s coming back to a team where we're in the middle of getting the average age down under 25 people want him back

unreal.

I'm not advocating his return and yes getting the average squad age down is important but one potentially world class player coming into a team won't massively affect the overall age of the squad. If his body has gone then fair enough, there's no point brining him in but you'd genuinely turn him down on the basis he's made mistakes that's he's publicly apologised for? You're letting bitterness rule your head mate. It's not about kissing his arse, devaluing the club or sentiment. It's about recognising the chance to sign a player that could possibly push us into top 4.

I cant see him coming back personally, the fact that he still has 3 years left on a contract worth 250k makes me think that.

But hes 1 of us Bry.

He left us and became the greatest English striker of all time, won every major honour the English game has to offer and made an utter fortune.

No FA Cup.

If you're not a fan of Everton Football Club being patronised, then Rooney returning shouldn't really appeal to you.
Him returning to Everton is a step down for him, in his eyes. We weren't good enough for him in his prime years - he didn't want to become a Gerrard figure for us and drive us on to glory. Rather than be the main man and have a team built around like Everton legends of yesteryear, he chose the easy route to personal glory. Which - fair enough, fair play to him, whatever. But you can't have it both ways. You can't chose the easy way to glory, then paint yourself as some tribal blue longing to come home.

He's entering the twilight of his career. He's no longer at his very best. We as a club have aspirations to be in the top 4. He's essentially being deemed surplus to requirements at a top 4 club in Utd, no longer deemed good enough for them. Logically, there is no reason to take him. We should be moving on from the days of 'not good enough for Utd but good enough for Everton'.

Comparing him to Gerrard as if they were in a similar position is daft.

As much as he'd currently improve us (which at the moment I think he would), it's not happening.

I don't think it is, will be, or ever has been on the cards.

But hes 1 of us Bry.

download (1).webp

I think it may actually be on the cards. Pressing his feelings about Everton on prime time TV in an engineered documentary and playing in the testimonial seem to be a way to get the fans on board and/or gage their reaction.

Comparing him to Gerrard as if they were in a similar position is daft.

Not really. Two local lads come good, playing for their boyhood club, dragging average players around them to glory and out of the [Poor language removed] on multiple occasions. One did it. One could have done it. That's the comparison.

It's also no more daft than saying Rooney is 'one of us'. What, Scouse and supported Everton as a kid?

So what? There's more to 'being one of us' than that. I personally wouldn't do some of the things he's done in his private life, nor would I have joined Man Utd. If I was playing for Everton I wouldn't want to play for any other club in the entire world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back