• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
dream-on-it-will-never-happen.png

I can understand people saying it's unlikely and I can understand people saying they wouldn't want to pay a big fee or huge wages but if he came for a decent fee (between 10-15 mil), was on parity with our top wage earner and got his desire back to be the best because he's at Everton now would anyone really be less than very excited?

I don't want him here. Nothing to do with what has happened in the past. He is too old and his form is going. We do not need to sign players of this age anymore unless they are back-up for positions like defence. Plus we have Rom. Sam Eto'o is a prime example.

I don't want him here. Nothing to do with what has happened in the past. He is too old and his form is going. We do not need to sign players of this age anymore unless they are back-up for positions like defence. Plus we have Rom. Sam Eto'o is a prime example.
While I agree with your sentiment, firstly I think that if he came right this minute for a couple of years then it's be a good move, but if he left it two years and came when he was seriously on the wane (Wayne lol ) then it'd be ridiculous and not worth it.

Samuel Eto'o for me, is different - he was a disruptive influence, and that is what affected his time in an Everton shirt, not his age. He could've done a job if he hadn't been an idiot. Rooney wouldn't be disruptive, I don't think. But it's all academic, it's not a goer.

It's not worth it for us it's not worth it for him

In your opinion mate. It would be worth it to us if he came and improved our team for the right costs. And it would be worth it to him if he felt he'd won all he could and had earned enough in his career that he didn't have to take a final payday so he could close out a chapter in his past he probably wishes had played out differently. I'm not saying I want him back 100% I'm saying I want him back if it suits us. I'm more defending my opinion based on those who wouldn't want him back because of personal reasons. I want Everton to do well and hopefully win something or build. If it means burying the hatchet with a former player I'm willing to move on. Mate I'm 31, I haven't had the chance to see us win a lot and I'm old enough to know that you can't go through life being driven by resent. We are supposed to be a family, family members mess up from time to time. I wouldnt turn my back on them if they came to me holding out an olive branch

In your opinion mate. It would be worth it to us if he came and improved our team for the right costs. And it would be worth it to him if he felt he'd won all he could and had earned enough in his career that he didn't have to take a final payday so he could close out a chapter in his past he probably wishes had played out differently. I'm not saying I want him back 100% I'm saying I want him back if it suits us. I'm more defending my opinion based on those who wouldn't want him back because of personal reasons. I want Everton to do well and hopefully win something or build. If it means burying the hatchet with a former player I'm willing to move on. Mate I'm 31, I haven't had the chance to see us win a lot and I'm old enough to know that you can't go through life being driven by resent. We are supposed to be a family, family members mess up from time to time. I wouldnt turn my back on them if they came to me holding out an olive branch
I'm too tired today mate. Could you summarise in bullet points for me? Or use different coloured fonts?

Firstly, what does this bring to the discussion?

Secondly, if that's your opinion, why make the comment? Plenty of other people wish to discuss it, either for or against the idea, but from your remark I assume you won't want to contribute further if you think it's embarrassing - threadbanned.

Arrrr mate I was genuinely interested in his reply there. It's a forum, let him voice his opinion so I can voice mine back to him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back