• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd have him as a replacement for Barry/Gibson.

He could always pick a pass like Gibson but is less injury prone and he would be the 'wise old head' replacement for Barry.

He won't be top class forward/#10 in 18months time.

All predicated on a free transfer and him taking 60grand a week.

As much as he'd currently improve us (which at the moment I think he would), it's not happening.

I don't think it is, will be, or ever has been on the cards.
I've always thought that a major factor against it is that it's not something that's missing from his CV. I'd wager that breaking records for England apps or Utd goals, both of which could be achieved by the end of 2016/17, will be more of a priority.

I think making friends with us over the past few years has more to do with being able to bring his boys to the game when he retires, without getting pelters.

Watching that documentary now on iPlayer.

What with this, Dunc's testimonial and other media rumblings, there's definitely something going on. It may only be that he wants forgiveness and acceptance from Evertonians, but there's a concerted effort at a thaw in relations between him and us.

We have better players than him now, he had the chance to play for us and left. His best years are behind him and we will hopefully continue to improve as a club with an influx of young talent. I have made peace with his decision to chase his own personal ambitions rather than stay at his boyhood club when he had the world at his feet. But at his age, and the wages that would be swallowed up too, it's a no from me. I would sooner we concentrated on bringing in the next big thing rather than a what might have been.

Ive seen us win the FA cup loads of times.

"loads of times"

A maximum of three in your lifetime.......possibly only two.

And the last was twenty years ago.

I see what you mean.....you must be sick of the sight of Everton skippers holding the F.A. cup aloft.

:dance:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back