• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just been reading some of the comments in red cafe, (I was bored!). The genral consensus is they want him gone it seems, his performances have been poor for some time, people saying that he should have gone before now. I think if he did come back it would revitalise him, Id have him back, but not after the summer really as the decline seems already very much underway

£300k a week but Ferguson had a thing where he had to be the highest paid, am I being cynical in saying he knew what he was doing with that contract? Fergie I mean.

Anyway as for Rooney as a player, he is shot to bits, I wouldn't want him here any more. He's suffering for living his life like me and my mates and not as a professional athlete, same happened to Ricky Hatton.

There was a article in The Times today about Rooney. In essence pointed out at his time of Everton, the enormous potential in Rooney and referenced his goal against Arsenal. Continued that at Man U. He developed that bit further but then basically stalled not reaching the heights suggested from his early potential.

I have always felt that he should not have left but there were certain forces at work, the manager, board, finance etc.

Nice words from Wayne on MOTD regarding HK.

I think we'll see an Indian Summer to his career played out at Goodison Park in a couple of years time. It has an air of inevitability about it.

As has been said, I thought he tried quite hard not to score. There was one in particular when he was running in from the right at the Street End and seemed to let himself be dispossessed by a pretty weak tackle.

It's a romantic idea but for him to come back to us he'd have to be a free transfer, take a 75% wage cut and be willing to be benched if he's off the pace...and even then it would still have the whiff of Everton getting Man Utd cast-offs again, along with Neville, Saha, Howard, Gibson, Cleverly. It's unimaginative...and small-time.

We haven't pushed on to top 4 finishes by signing such players. And our best players over the last 10 years have come from leftfield (imaginative) signings like Arteta, Cahill, Fellaini & Seamus. Rom is an exception which is working out nicely, but Rooney by the time he'll theoretically come here will be knackered and approaching past-it status. Shades of Gazza, Ginola and Mark Hughes.

Romantic goggles off: no thanks, Wayne. Enjoy the MLS.

HE KISSED THE BADGE WHEN HE WAS 18 HOW DARE HE!

Well why yes, yes how dare he. I just don't see why we suddenly need to pretend he's a boss blue because he's having a mid life crisis, and remembered he likes Everton again now that he's past his best.

He has made his choices in the past and that's that, and if he joins I'll get behind him, but I would rather he didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back