• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can understand people saying it's unlikely and I can understand people saying they wouldn't want to pay a big fee or huge wages but if he came for a decent fee (between 10-15 mil), was on parity with our top wage earner and got his desire back to be the best because he's at Everton now would anyone really be less than very excited?

I can understand people saying it's unlikely and I can understand people saying they wouldn't want to pay a big fee or huge wages but if he came for a decent fee (between 10-15 mil), was on parity with our top wage earner and got his desire back to be the best because he's at Everton now would anyone really be less than very excited?

Will his body allow it? That the question? He struggling at man u

Not really. Two local lads come good, playing for their boyhood club, dragging average players around them to glory and out of the [Poor language removed] on multiple occasions. One did it. One could have done it. That's the comparison.

It's also no more daft than saying Rooney is 'one of us'. What, Scouse and supported Everton as a kid?

So what? There's more to 'being one of us' than that. I personally wouldn't do some of the things he's done in his private life, nor would I have joined Man Utd. If I was playing for Everton I wouldn't want to play for any other club in the entire world.
It's one thing dragging Liverpool's players to become good but when Rooney left our team was absolute turd! I also say that I would've never left Everton if I was talented enough play for us but we forced him out because we were skint and had an awful team and since leaving he's one premier leagues and champions leagues so fair play to him.

It's one thing dragging Liverpool's players to become good but when Rooney left our team was absolute turd! I also say that I would've never left Everton if I was talented enough play for us but we forced him out because we were skint and had an awful team and since leaving he's one premier leagues and champions leagues so fair play to him.

We had a bad season. The season before the same players finished 7th.

The season after Rooney left, with just 2 additions in Bent and Cahill, we finished 4th.

Will his body allow it? That the question? He struggling at man u
It's a valid question but I can't see a scenario where he wouldn't offer more than Kone, Naismith, Cleverley in a role behind Rom or at least be a better option up front if Rom needs a rest due to us being in Europe next year (hopefully). Barkley and Rom are only going to get better and Rooney may get a little worse but it's a squad game and even now he's still capable of magic.

The season after Rooney left, with just 2 additions in Bent and Cahill, we finished 4th.
We did but God knows how we came fourth, that team was still awful and must be the worst team to qualify for champions league football in history! Gerard's Liverpool team had players like Mascherano, Xabi Alonso and Torres at the time if I recall and were far easier to get to perform!

And prior to finishing 7th in the preceding seasons going back to 98 we finished 15th,16th,13th,14th and 17th. How is that comparable to a team who in the same period weren't in the top 4 once in 5 seasons? So rather then look at the majority of seasons we were awful you've picked the one half decent season we had in that time frame and ignored Liverpools 4 top 4 finishes, one of which they came 2nd. In fact to put it into the context of Gerrard breaking into their first team they'd been regular top 4 finishes since the 94/95 season

Last edited:
We did but God knows how we came fourth, that team was still awful and must be the worst team to qualify for champions league football in history! Gerard's Liverpool team had players like Mascherano, Xabi Alonso and Torres at the time if I recall and were far easier to get to perform!

Gerrard still pulled them out of the mire singlehandedly more times than anyone can remember.

By the way, that Everton team that finished 4th that you thought was so awful finished above Liverpool, so how bad were Liverpool then? And Gerrard helped them win the Champions League, which kind of proves my point.

Gerrard still pulled them out of the mire singlehandedly more times than anyone can remember.

By the way, that Everton team that finished 4th that you thought was so awful finished above Liverpool, so how bad were Liverpool then? And Gerrard helped them win the Champions League, which kind of proves my point.
Oh I know, it was unbelievable what that we achieved that year with such a mediocre team but my point is that they had some world class players and they didn't

He probably meant in the modern era mate and his work for England. You can't compare a man who made 16 appearances for his country to a man who's been capped over 100 times. By your logic Crouch's superior goals to game ratio for England makes him better then Rooney

No hes right, I overlooked Dixie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back