• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy has close ties to United.

I think this is going to happen and sooner than people think.

It's just a comment piece based on the Rooney documentary that aired this past week. Anyone could have wrote that with no insider knowledge. A scouser driving around Croxteth talking about how he still loves the area and is still fond of Everton doesn't really need someone to have much of an imagination to link him with a move to Everton.

Can't see him coming back to Everton. People have rehearsed the arguments in this thread. I would add, look at what Martinez is doing, he is building a young dynamic side, he doesn't seem interested in bringing in older pros, particularly one's who seem to be coming the the end of their careers very quickly.
I think he will head to America when he is done at Utd which will be a year or two yet.
It would be a dream to see him back and scoring 25 goals a season, but I think it is just that, a dream.

Right now he is better than any player we have in attack. I think it's petty that people are saying they wouldn't want him because of how it makes us look! Surely we looked small time for having to loan and buy Barry and Lukaku from top four clubs by that logic because they weren't good enough for them? If the price is right and the wages are right the signing could step us up to the next level.

The way he left was what done it for me. We had just finished 17th, we were a lot of peoples tips to go down, we were all terrified, and he waited until the last few days of the window to ask for his transfer because he knew he had us over a barrel. And this wasn't just Stretfords fault that's far too easy. Rooney thought he was too big for us. He never was, and to sh!t on us like that, was hard to take.

Not to mention he has been dung for about two years, he can do one to America with his 'good mate' Gerrard.

Right now he is better than any player we have in attack. I think it's petty that people are saying they wouldn't want him because of how it makes us look! Surely we looked small time for having to loan and buy Barry and Lukaku from top four clubs by that logic because they weren't good enough for them? If the price is right and the wages are right the signing could step us up to the next level.

I'd rather have Lukaku than Rooney. He is on his way out Rooney, Lukaku is 22.

Doing/Achieving something for Everton would mean more to Rooney than any of the trophies he's won at United would. He's a Blue and loves Everton. Id welcome him back because despite his poor form he's still absolutely brilliant and would improve us for a few years.

Wayne lifting up a trophy for Everton is something i want to see and something im sure he'd want to do, especially for his kids.

Now I quite like Kone but Rooney is a far better player.
Without question
How many goals has Rooney scored in 2015?

Genuine question: he's not even scored more than Kone has he? Two?

I read before he's scored one away goal in 18 months.

Some player, wow.

What a superstar.

What else does he offer, aside from bleeding clubs dry on his insane wages and being an appalling role model?

At least Kone has an excuse for not being that good. He's looked easily better than Rooney so far this season but that's not saying much.

How many goals has Rooney scored in 2015?

Genuine question: he's not even scored more than Kone has he? Two?

I read before he's scored one away goal in 18 months.

Some player, wow.

What a superstar.

What else does he offer, aside from bleeding clubs dry on his insane wages and being an appalling role model?

At least Kone has an excuse for not being that good. He's looked easily better than Rooney so far this season but that's not saying much.
Rooney's scored 22 goals in 2015. Just a couple more than Kone.

The way he left was what done it for me. We had just finished 17th, we were a lot of peoples tips to go down, we were all terrified, and he waited until the last few days of the window to ask for his transfer because he knew he had us over a barrel. And this wasn't just Stretfords fault that's far too easy. Rooney thought he was too big for us. He never was, and to sh!t on us like that, was hard to take.

Not to mention he has been dung for about two years, he can do one to America with his 'good mate' Gerrard.

He's was an 18 year old kid with the all the countries media and football experts telling him he needed to move "for the good of his career", he had all kinds of pressure on him and was being offered the world, all the riches he'd ever dreamed about were being layed before him. Very few could resist that, in fact I'd say he did nothing wrong and the club didn't do badly out of it either in the long run.

After 10 years it's time to at least let go of the anger.

I'd rather have Lukaku than Rooney. He is on his way out Rooney, Lukaku is 22.
Absolutely! I'm not saying I'd rather have Rooney tied down on a long term contract than Rom, I'm saying that right now he is a better player than all of our attackers. Rooney would add loads to our squad especially if we're in Europe next year and what happens if Rom gets injured? I think in a couple of years Rom will be better than Rooney, and he's probably a better out and out goal scorer right now, but if there's a chance this preseason we can get him and the price and wages are right we'd be stupid not to.

He's was an 18 year old kid with the all the countries media and football experts telling him he needed to move "for the good of his career", he had all kinds of pressure on him and was being offered the world, all the riches he'd ever dreamed about were being layed before him. Very few could resist that, in fact I'd say he did nothing wrong and the club didn't do badly out of it either in the long run.

After 10 years it's time to at least let go of the anger.
Its not anger Doug its just a dream from some fans I agree with your post that he was being offered the World , and we were also in financial trouble fans for get the season he left we made the top four with journey man signings, the season after he left!
Players who return seldom do well 2nd time around - Andy King, David Johnson, and Big Dunc - even Managers fail the great Howard Kendall!
sentimentality in football never bears fruit imo!

With where we are right now and should be aiming to be, the only time I'd take Rooney now is next summer. After that I'd like to think a player in their 30s who has clearly aged and is long past his peak could not hope to start for us by the 17/18 season onward.

And for it to happen, it really would need to see a big salary sacrifice by Rooney and a Man U team really looking to unload.

It would be nice if it all came together from a story book point of view, but realistically I doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back