Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad to say he's always been about the money.

When Paul Stretford got his hands on him,money will always comes first before football.

He's going to sit on the bench for a season picking up his 300K then leave on a free and go to China.

Anyway he's finished at the top end of football,even the simple things on a football pitch are a struggle for him these days.

He isn't gonna come to us for 50k a week when he can get 200k a week or more in America or China
It's easy for people to mention about Wayne taking a pay cut to play for us, but when you're currently on an immense wage it's not clear cut.

Even if we paid him £100k per week, which in my humble opinion would be far too much, then that's a min. 66% pay cut of his annual earnings.

Thus, I personally couldn't see him as an individual taking a nigh on 85%+ cut when there'll be offers from elsewhere who'd maintain his salary.

For all those reasons I'd rather we kept far away from him as what we'd gain wouldn't balance with the still sizeable outlay he'll probably demand.

No way on earth he will go to China to ply what's left of his trade.
He stayed in the North West because he didn't want to stray too far from his hometown.
As someone said a bit earlier, as each day passes any imagined or otherwise deal becomes more unlikely.
I honestly did believe he would finish his career with us, but that was a couple of seasons ago before this bright new dawn we are experiencing, and before we have seen a nose dive of his ability on the park itself.

Bit sad if he does just sit on the bench to pick up his massive cheque at utd, but if that's what he wants then it's a godsend as we don't get a player with that attitude.

I want(ed) a Rooney that would take a pay cut, get back to shape and play with the hunger of that 16-18 year old we had, proving that he could still be world class and do well by his boyhood club. Any other Rooney nah not worth having.

People thought he was going to take a 50% pay cut to come here haha.

Shouldn't be that unthinkable, he has more money than he can ever spend and knows he is finished at utd. So it's up to him if he wants to play for the last few years of his career or not. For what it's worth I think Rooney would take the pay cut, i'm not sure his agent or wife would agree to that though.

Shouldn't be that unthinkable, he has more money than he can ever spend and knows he is finished at utd. So it's up to him if he wants to play for the last few years of his career or not. For what it's worth I think Rooney would take the pay cut, i'm not sure his agent or wife would agree to that though.
Unfortunately however, that logic can quickly vanish into the ether because of the human trait that is greed and the desire for 'more wealth'.

For example, why do the mega-rich (well beyond that of Wayne and co.) continue to gain increase their already immeasurable wealth? Prestige?

He's incredibly rich like we all know, but to maintain his lavish lifestyle over the long-term may require an income which may soon disappear.

I'm sure his advisers, who will also take a chunk of his wealth, will be importantly promoting the benefits of a few extra years of earning to this.

What if he wants that hugely expensive Ferrari in ten years? Or who'll pay your wife's immense fashion purchases bought on a whim?

For the common man it may rightfully seem that he already has enough money, but it will not feel like that if he wants to sustain his wealth.

Hence why a few extra years in the limelight earning a few hundred thousand per week will be something that'll still be important for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back