Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps in the odd game, but not often and certainly not in a club building a squad for the future.
So Aguero, Kane, Costa , Lukaku or even dare I say Ibrahimovic wouldnt like to have Rooney alongside them ?
Any other team could only dream of having him in their side. Go ask Moyes , Hughes , Pullis , Pardew etc.
They would snap yer hands off mate...Rooney is still a Top Draw player , loss of form atm ? Yes but he is still class.

Personally I just don't see this happening... For a few reasons. But if I'm wrong and it were to happen it wouldn't be as bad as some of the usual meltdown posters are suggesting. I think anyone that watches and understands football can see he still has plenty to offer, first time he's been benched for a period of games for how long due to bad form and all of a sudden he's done... Same way Moshiri is a fraud and nothing has changed... Guess we'll soon see regarding both.

Before Rooney, I'd be keener to see us get a solid GK to give Stekelenburg competition & RB, a creative midfielder and a LB. Rooney could cover the creative player and backup striker issues. Would be a good quick & temporary fix along side raising the status of the club some.

So Aguero, Kane, Costa , Lukaku or even dare I say Ibrahimovic wouldnt like to have Rooney alongside them ?
Any other team could only dream of having him in their side. Go ask Moyes , Hughes , Pullis , Pardew etc.
They would snap yer hands off mate...Rooney is still a Top Draw player , loss of form atm ? Yes but he is still class.
Who would City, Spurs and Chelsea leave out to fit Wayne in? Does Koeman want to play two up front, and if not what does he do with him?

And what about the 250-300k a week he's on?

Mourinho's comments dishearten me. It seems speculation about him leaving to get first-team football was just that. Rooney is probably in no panic about his situation or hurry to leave Man Utd this January.

Lukaku's on around 80k right? he'd have to take a massive wage cut. hes not exactly strapped for cash, but why would he come to us when he could get decent money at inter or other clubs like them who overpay players past their prime?

For at least a couple of seasons,the Rooney factor would have a great chance of getting us into the Champions League. Signing Rooney would be a lot more than just about signing a great player and the England captain. Rooney reads the game better than almost any other midfieler in the country,and Lukaku would love the service he would get.

Ok I'm late to this and very drunk but has anyone come up with a footballing reason why he wouldn't improve our Cleverly & Valencia infested squad?

Yes his wages are massive, but the only way this happens is if he takes a minimum 50% cut anyway.
I've actually come round to the idea. Will he come? I'm not so sure, maybe he'll get his ear bent one final time for a major pay day somewhere else.
Players, and more specifically, agents, don't often go along with the idea of halving wages. Plus all his endorsement, sponsorships etc won't be happy and will look at it like he's winding down his career.
Yeah I probably would have him back now, but just can't see it happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back