Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lukaku's on around 80k right? he'd have to take a massive wage cut. hes not exactly strapped for cash, but why would he come to us when he could get decent money at inter or other clubs like them who overpay players past their prime?

money isnt everything. If I could choose to play for the club I love, even though its for less money, I would do that. Especially when that money is more than enough to get me everything I want anyway.

In terms of his age, take a look at the impact Gareth Barry has had and even Ashley Williams. Rooney is a notch or two above them, add being a blue and it is a no brainer for me.

The sort of transition period signing until we can attract top players.

When was he last 'in form'? How long ago was it? What was his goal return like the last time that he was in form?

You could tell that Torres was finished at least a year before he went to Chelsea. People said he would regain his form at Chelsea, but he continued to be absolutely crap throughout his Chelsea career. I think Rooney is finished tbh, his days of scoring 20 goals a season are well over.

You could tell that Torres was finished at least a year before he went to Chelsea. People said he would regain his form at Chelsea, but he continued to be absolutely crap throughout his Chelsea career. I think Rooney is finished tbh, his days of scoring 20 goals a season are well over.
done alright on his return to Athletico Madrid though.

He has regressed so much in the last two years, he wouldn't get anywhere near the top 5/6 clubs and shouldn't be considered here either. No way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back