Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
More than happy to give Rooney a chance here. How many 'past it' players have we signed over the years that have gone on to be great for us? Reid, Gough, Martyn are a few examples of players having a second wind and giving a few more years at the top. It of course doesn't mean he will be a success but it does show that people should not write this off straight away.

I am sure people will throw the Ginola and Gascoigne signings back at this but lets be honest, those two were much older and most definitely past it.

I understand what you are saying, but we were desperate back then. Things have changed we have some cash to throw around we never had this and thats why we signed and gambled on old past it players, because we had little choice. Rooney cant make the United team, this speaks volumes, the only way I would take him back if it was free and he played for nothing as thats his worth

I get where your coming from here however my gripe is supporters are not stupid as well. Remember Martinez bought kone and niasse and supporters knew they where not good enough for efc yet our manager at the time thought they where. Rooney for the last 2 years has been awful, I mean really bad. Dropped by England dropped by United and they are desperate to get rid and the only reason fans are excited by this is because once he wore a t shirt claiming to be a blue but then his actions where different. If he didn't used to be a boyhood blue and supported another team we would be wanting to avoid this big time.

But exactly.

We're going from Kone and Niasse to potentially having England's record goalscorer as one of our forward options.

He's 31. He's not finished, but he does need a move to rejuvenate his career. I think that's what we're going for and Koeman isn't the type to be sentimental. If he wants to sign Rooney, it's because he thinks he'll be a good option going forward.

There is always the chance that a move back to his boyhood club, who are on an upwards curve, could just be the tonic to rejuvenate him and give him a kick up the backside and give us a great couple of years.

It's not unheard of like, he is only 31.

Stone .............

There is always the chance that a move back to his boyhood club, who are on an upwards curve, could just be the tonic to rejuvenate him and give him a kick up the backside and give us a great couple of years.

It's not unheard of like, he is only 31.

But this would also apply to a young hungry player eager to prove himself in the prem with many years ahead of him

Is it just me, or are their similarities in the Rooney situation with Torres? He was already seemingly on the wain when he went from Liverpool to Chelsea. At Chelsea he won all sorts but was largely seen as a huge flop (a goal every 5 games or so). Flopped at Milan too.
Went back to Atletico seemingly as a spend force, but has played a big part in their success. Scores less regularly than he used to, but is a big contributor and has scored some big goals.
Yes - not the unstoppable force he was at Liverpool - but a contributor and an ambassador. Someone who has been there and done it all, and can be an inspiration to the younger lads coming through.

Just a thought

Is it just me, or are their similarities in the Rooney situation with Torres? He was already seemingly on the wain when he went from Liverpool to Chelsea. At Chelsea he won all sorts but was largely seen as a huge flop (a goal every 5 games or so). Flopped at Milan too.
Went back to Atletico seemingly as a spend force, but has played a big part in their success. Scores less regularly than he used to, but is a big contributor and has scored some big goals.
Yes - not the unstoppable force he was at Liverpool - but a contributor and an ambassador. Someone who has been there and done it all, and can be an inspiration to the younger lads coming through.

Just a thought

More like on the Wayne, am I right lad ?!?! HAHAHAHAHAJAHAHAJAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA BANTZ

He left when he was 18, before captaining the club, scoring in a derby etc etc etc. Thats his choice, fair enough but dont come crawling back with the once a blue stuff afterwards.

He is no more a blue than Jamie Carragher. Both supported us once.

I never captained the club nor scored in a derby...am I not a Blue either?

Loser! lollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollol

Yup loser, you dont think he is going to replicate what he has done with United with us do you ? Total embarrassment being linked with this chump

I never captained the club nor scored in a derby...am I not a Blue either?

You never had the ability to play for them (I assume...)

Now, if today you stopped following Everton, started supporting Manchester United and kissed their badge in front of all your Everton mates whilst slating the people who most influenced you in your formative years of being an Evertonian in a rubbish book then yes I would say you are no longer a blue.

But you didn't do that because you would never do that because you are a proper blue right?

You never had the ability to play for them (I assume...)

Now, if today you stopped following Everton, started supporting Manchester United and kissed their badge in front of all your Everton mates whilst slating the people who most influenced you in your formative years of being an Evertonian in a rubbish book then yes I would say you are no longer a blue.

But you didn't do that because you would never do that because you are a proper blue right?

You made me remember something here, didnt Moyes sue the fathead and give the winnings to charity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back