Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
A player doesn't have to be world class to be better than the traitor these days, just being competent and able to move about the pitch would do the job. Take off your Shrek tinted glasses.

Im not bothered either way if we sign him.

He may be finished, he may have a bit left in the tank.

Absolutely nothing to do with hurt or holding a grudge. It was 2004 and we were a financial basket case. Anyone still fuming at him needs to get out more.

It's entirely about whether he's still good enough for the physicality of PL and I have my doubts.

Agreed, I'm not sure he's still up to it, though happy to be proven wrong.

I'm only judging that people are hurting from the sheer amount of rage flying about on here at mo (not from yourself necessarily mate, just in general).

We need Wayne Rooney. He wins. He knows how to. He knows how to train, prepare, focus. He has the knowledge and experience that no one else apart from the manager has. He's played against the best for the biggest prizes and won.

Show me another player we have with that knowledge, experience and is also a local lad......no one spring to mind....didn't think so.

Look at the bigger picture, even Neville brought a "will win" attitude that was a head changer for a lot of the then Everton team. Rooney brings more than 90 minutes each week this isn't FIFA. Real people bring influenced by a real quality player with real winning mentality and belief, we need someone like that on here!
I was agreeing with you until you mentioned Phil '7th place is a massive achievement' Neville as a winner! Good point other than that though!

Asking a United fans opinion is pointless imo, their answer will be riddled with bias, so they can justify him wanting out.

Nobody knows for sure how this will turn out.
I can assure you my mate the united fan gives an honest assessment. He is not blinkered or biased in anyway (unlike other united fans). He would like Rooney off the wage bill, but he thought it would be a backward step for Everton not the player, if he joined us.

I'd have him back on our terms. I dont think we should be paying him anywhere near his United salary as we are buying the last dregs of a pint.
If he has anything to prove, he can do it for £75k a week

I can assure you my mate the united fan gives an honest assessment. He is not blinkered or biased in anyway (unlike other united fans). He would like Rooney off the wage bill, but he thought it would be a backward step for Everton not the player, if he joined us.
I've a very good friend who is also a "top fan" as they call themselves and he adores Rooney but says he is now and has always had a marmite quality because he's Scouse but he would not sell him he'd have him sent to USA or china rather than face him.

A veteran player who played for one of the best managers ever. Was world class and someone to work with the very young promising squad we currently have. a loan with united covering some of his wages has zero downside.

I think a loan is the best option, for Everton. I doubt Utd would let him go on a free with his contract paid up. Only way I could see Rooney signing full time.

Should we sign him for football reasons? Thats up to Ronald. I personally think he could do a job and the passion to do well for Everton and outside chance of one last World Cup might just get him firing.

I remember watching his United debut.
That hat trick hurt deep man.

It's OK man...let it out
200.gif

Rumours seem to be gathering pace. Only twitter but then it is the most used media these days anyway. Some reports it could be done this week, others saying the 10th for the away kit launch?

Everyone talking about how it's not that bad that he left, which is fine. But nobody talking about him doing star jumps in front of kids in the Park End, and kissing his United badge on the day we (as a club) mourned Alan Ball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back