Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.

No other team above us would sign him, and the team just one place above don't deem him good enough. Sentiment aside it's a costly gamble.

I don't want him at all and money could be better spent, I think the fan base is fairly split on this, but if he does come I would actually love him to do really well and make me eat my words.

They didn't deem Schneiderlin good enough either but I am liking what I have seen of him thus far :pint2:

I know it's cool and edgy to hate Wayne Rooney, but bloody hell. Some of the shouts in here.

I've said all along that if he was coming in as one of many, to add real quality to squad and provide a different option with bags of experience, then I was for it. If he was our "one big signing" or "Lukaku replacement" then that would have been different, but he's clearly not. So having England and Manchester United's greatest ever goalscorer - with a genuine affinity and connection to our club, might I add - as an option to call upon is never, ever a bad thing.

I'm still a little undecided on the source of tonight's chat though. Normally stuff from that rag can be dismissed out of hand, though I think this particular reporter is actually really quite close to United. Appears on shows on MUTV and stuff like that. So we'll see.

Anyway, I'm for it. I think he would do great things for us and really help us make that step up.

Where has all this new Rooney stuff come from? It seems to of e exploded over the last few hours.
Fjc54zM.jpg

In that other thread I said no to Rooney, but thinking about it more he has tons of European football experience and would give us a good range of options going forward to rotate through.

I also want to see him kiss our badge when he scores an injury time winner at Old Trafford.

Where has all this new Rooney stuff come from? It seems to of e exploded over the last few hours.
I think it's all over tomorow back pages and he pulled out of the tour United are about to go on, maybe it's all 2+2=4 stuff buy most of the other links in the media seem to be happening so I really think this must be on

Signing an England regular is always a coup, but this particular England regular is the all time leading goalscorer for both England and Man Utd!

And he's still only 31.

Exciting times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back