Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Signing an England regular is always a coup, but this particular England regular is the all time leading goalscorer for both England and Man Utd!

And he's still only 31.

Exciting times.

Sun is reporting that we will pay him 250k per week. I hope this is a typo and it's 25k otherwise it would be madness.
2017-07-05-06-40-18-.webp

As an option, and as one of many signings this summer, I'm happy enough with this signing.

Plus it'll land me about £500 on a bet I placed around 5 or 6 years ago... if I could just remember which online account it was on!!

If we look st it that we are paying a fee of £12m and wages of £125g a week I think it feels reasonable on a two year deal. It all hinges on whether he has the brains to adjust his game to allow for the lost pace. Cos if he can he is probably the best passer still in the league. I've not seen anyone who puts the correct weight of pass on a ball the way he does. He can also still finish. And at th me of th day McNultys right, him warming up on th sidelines presents much more than Kone and Valencia.

Sun is reporting that we will pay him 250k per week. I hope this is a typo and it's 25k otherwise it would be madness.
If United let him go for nothing then that makes sense. Over the course of two years we'd be paying a total of £24m for him. Hardly a huge amount in this day and age.

If he was our only signing this summer then i'd understand people getting upset but adding him to what we already have is massive, honestly players will be buzzing to have him in their team. And im looking foward to it myself, some of the things he did in a blue shirt for us was amazing.

Sit back and enjoy the ride blues! What's our name?!

Would it be true to say that Rooney would be the second richest person associated with the club after Moshiri?
I suspect this means we won't be going for Siggurdson now.

Some good points there, many I agree with, I personally think he will give us 6-8months before he just breaks down, thats if he remains fit for those 6-8 months.

Its massive, massive money, but I would like to hope we would protect ourselves in the deal, lets hope, but if not and I know how stupid this will sound, but the worst that can happen is that we basically spunk 26m down the drain. I trust Ronny, hes shown that he doesnt care for ego, if you dont perform, you dont play.

Ive said it once and I will say it again, we shouldnt worry about how much the players cost or how much we are paying them, judge the performances on the pitch. Not the way I would spend 26m, but then and im sure people are sick of hearing this, but its really not my 26m, so *shrug*.

It is negligent. We have a stadium to build. This is flushing money down the toilet. What about FFP. This us taking up washes that could have been used elsewhere. This will cause massive problems with new contracts to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back