Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure that the 'money isn't yours' argument holds up. It's not, obviously, but in a way it is, as fans we are stakeholders and want our club which is still not as rich as the richest, to spend wisely. The anger over money wasted on the likes of McGeady and Niasse shows that we cannot just shrug off poor purchases. Enough of the wrong kind of purchase will not only impact on our performance but the long term viability of our club as a top club. We've been in that situation before and it is scary. That is why I oppose Rooney's return; I don't hate him but I can't see the value for money. McGeady is apparently gone, but to buy Rooney puts more pressure back on the pie cart budget.

I can't see how we have this kind of money to spunk. Look what happened to Leeds United

It is negligent. We have a stadium to build. This is flushing money down the toilet. What about FFP. This us taking up washes that could have been used elsewhere. This will cause massive problems with new contracts to
FFP is basically irrelevant to us this year, due to increased commercial revenues, tv money etc.

TalkSPORT saying this could be a loan. So that shows the level of Rooneys commitment (if true). By that I mean, it's almost certain UTD would love him off their wage bill, to the point point they'd give him a free transfer, yet Rooney wants his 250k p/w that much that a loan means no pay cut and more importantly to us: less commitment.

TalkSPORT saying this could be a loan. So that shows the level of Rooneys commitment (if true). By that I mean, it's almost certain UTD would love him off their wage bill, to the point point they'd give him a free transfer, yet Rooney wants his 250k p/w that much that a loan means no pay cut and more importantly to us: less commitment.
OR...

Rooney has told Utd (who do quite likely want him off their wage bill) that he'll only sign for us, and we've said we only want a loan deal initially. Rooney has stuck to his guns that he'll only join us (in spite of the fact that in 12 months if the loan doesn't work out his earning potential will be lower than the 500-700k he could make going to China) and Utd have been left with little option.

My point being that idle speculation can be spun to fit most viewpoints.

Signing an England regular is always a coup, but this particular England regular is the all time leading goalscorer for both England and Man Utd!

And he's still only 31.

Exciting times.

This england regular has also not been in the last few england squads despite being fit.

And only being 31? The lad has played 15 years of top flight football, often 50 game seasons, aswell as 6 international tournaments. He also hasen't looked after his body over the years aswell as other profesionals.

I would love him to come here and be a success i really would, but the lad is burnt out and done.
755 games at the top level (including england).
Lampard, gerrard and cole all bowed out around the 770 mark, and you could argue they were all done before then

Every player would most probably not take a pay cut. Let's be honest.

This england regular has also not been in the last few england squads despite being fit.

And only being 31? The lad has played 15 years of top flight football, often 50 game seasons, aswell as 6 international tournaments. He also hasen't looked after his body over the years aswell as other profesionals.

I would love him to come here and be a success i really would, but the lad is burnt out and done.
755 games at the top level (including england).
Lampard, gerrard and cole all bowed out around the 770 mark, and you could argue they were all done before then
If he comes back (which looks pretty certain now) I'm sure he'll offer us more than you think. His stats last season were still better than anyone in our squad except rom. Hopefully he'll get a bit of a boost from the change of scenery as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back