Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats looking simply at the finances (let's let Moshiri worry about for a minute)..... Let's look at what the player could offer us on the pitch..... Rooney is pretty much done, he struggled last season to get into games, and was giving the ball away alot, he was sitting on the bench of a team that couldn't score goals, sitting on a bench of a team that nowhere near Top 4..... We have players who can play where Rooney will be playing, we don't have a main striker, so thats where we should be spending money on (and offering top wages).....

If we've offered Rooney more than we were offering Lukaku, I honestly don't understand that logic one bit....

To be fair mate, while you're right, there's a good reason for this - he wasn't match fit. It's a catch 22, and especially once you've turned 30 it's increasingly more difficult to maintain match fitness, even if you're playing. Remember, he was captaining England on a regular basis this time last year. He lost his place around December as I recall (injury?) and then didn't play for a while. Mourinho will not have fancied him to start after that given his other options. That lack of match fitness makes a tremendous difference at the level the game is played now, to pace, touch, speed of thought...

He's only 31. I would give him a chance to show what he can do after a full pre-season and a regular run of games.

Best one I heard today was that he'll be a great mentor for our young strikers like Sandro.

Sandro played with Messi for two seasons. The only thing he'll learn off Rooney is how to make his hair reappear.
harsh mate...he will also learn how to get the pizza delivery man to bring cigarettes

I still think he's got a lot to offer. Just over 14 months ago, I sat dejected in a seat at wembley after losing to Utd in the cup semi final. Rooney ran the show, he was everywhere and a class above all 19 other outfield players on the park

I am so excited about this signing, I was devestated the day he left, he was the 1st shining light in a very dark era for Everton. When I started supporting us, I was 7 an we were league champions, since then I've seen us Survive relegation twice on the last day of the season. Seen us win 1 cup. An seen us sell the best prospects in English to Man U to stop us going bust.

This for me isn't about signing a player who is past it, it's about Everton becoming the team they once where, this is us stepping back out of the dark in to the light and proudly shouting

WE ARE HERE AND WE ARE BACK

COYB

Crikey, I wouldn't just call the fan base split...I would say this has completely smashed and angered the majority share...
Not me though, For footballing reasons It is a no brainer, Still can score goals, Great footballing brain...maybe help Ross out with his decision making...Great passer of the ball and will want to win derby's...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back