Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.

i could just about live with a loan so he can prove me wrong that hes completely shot. a permanent deal on massive wages is insane.
if he really loved the club as some on here claim he'd take a big pay cut.

TBH I think this is another pretty shrewd piece of business if it comes off.

Maybe he is not the player he was 5 years ago, but quality doesn't desert you just because you've turned 31. I think he's still got plenty of shelf-life, and will provide much needed competition up front. Also impossible to understate how much his winning mentality will shake up the dressing room.

If this was true than surely the manager has that side of things covered tenfold?

I'm more interested into what it's going to bring off the pitch. He will be ace to have in the dressing room. And he will earn us some shirt sales and decent exposure around the world.

How old was Barry when he joined us? 32? He was still boss, so not sure why Rooney's age is such a big factor. As long as we aren't paying 250k though...

but he'll still be our best paid player in history - think of the stick super kev cambell (who scored in a scramble, he's knows where the fkn net is) got for earning £36k

125k/pw is £6.5m over a year. Would you be happier if we chucked on a nominal £2m transfer fee and "only" paid him £100k/pw? For the club it's all the same. This way we assume less risk and if he really does struggle then we have no obligation to extend his stay beyond 2018.

Always said that I would take him back but ONLY on our terms - ie if it he fit into our wage structure and it made commercial sense for us. I didn't ever see how that could happen given his astronomical wages at Utd, but if they are still footing half the bill then we should bite their hands off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back