Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
You cant blame people for having split opinions. in reality he left a really poor team and he has won every trophy possible who can blame him. he is a winner, he wants to get in the world cup squad, he supports everton his kids do, he has made efforts to build bridges and i honestly think he will make a massive difference on and off the pitch.

But Mourinho didn't rate Lukaku, or Mata etc...

I'm not saying you're definitely wrong btw.

But it depends what we expect of Rooney.

I expect him to be a player who can be a leader in the squad, and is a proven goalscorer to share the burden when Lukaku leaves with players who are younger and less experienced in the PL.

He's a player who can play in a variety of positions and will be really useful in our (hopefully prolonged) Europa League campaign.
No but Mourinho did rate Rooney, he tried to sign him on a couple of occasions. That's the difference re Mata etc so your point is basically flawed. He's come to conclusion that he doesn't offer anything Man United need for top 4 challenge. I fail to see how it will be different at Everton.

I'll put it bluntly - not worth the wages.

It's one thing to pay MLS money for a past-his-prime player when you'll make it back in kit sales. But any time you're competing directly with the Chinese clubs and the resulting inflated wages, you're doing it wrong.

It's not as if Mourinho makes mistakes, I think Waz may have a point to prove, but all will be revealed in a few weeks.
Of course that is true of every manager. But he's a top manager and makes less than most. He was a big Rooney fan & has worked with him for past 12 months. I doubt he's wrong in his assessment.

What will his video be like?

He will pull down a high ball from Gravesen, turn, unleash a supreme dipping shot in off David Downie's head, and run off wearing a scarf made entirely of Weasels

Make of that what you will.

TBH I think this is another pretty shrewd piece of business if it comes off.

Maybe he is not the player he was 5 years ago, but quality doesn't desert you just because you've turned 31. I think he's still got plenty of shelf-life, and will provide much needed competition up front. Also impossible to understate how much his winning mentality will shake up the dressing room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back