Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if he will do something like this... the everton announcement video to have "i'm coming home" as the music overlay.... #NotWeasling

lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers.jpg

Crikey, I wouldn't just call the fan base split...I would say this has completely smashed and angered the majority share...
Not me though, For footballing reasons It is a no brainer, Still can score goals, Great footballing brain...maybe help Ross out with his decision making...Great passer of the ball and will want to win derby's...
If it's only for footballing reasons I don't think it's a good move as he'd be on crazy wages just for warming up the bench most of the time. However for sentimental reasons and shirt sales I'm in.

If this was true than surely the manager has that side of things covered tenfold?

We need several of these characters in the club, from the top down. One or two is not enough. Moshiri, Koeman, Walsh, Barry, Klassen, Coleman, Lukaku, Rooney (hopefully) all seem to have a nil satis nisi optimum sort of attitude. It's about time it's restored to its rightful place as the cornerstone of the club.

He's won literally every domestic cup possible as well as England and man Uniteds highest ever scorer, when he's not even renowned as being a good goalscorer. Sometimes, players can offer more than just their ability on the pitch and well a player with such accolades doesn't come around too often for us. Etoo has been the only other one probably since the 80s to have played for us with a whole careers worth of success.

...I guarantee that almost every person on this forum will have done the same as Rooney when he was 17 and joined Manchester United. Once more, I guarantee that almost every person on this forum would encourage their son to do the same if they had a lad in Rooney's situation when he was 17. It's too romantic to think otherwise.

Last edited:
No but Mourinho did rate Rooney, he tried to sign him on a couple of occasions. That's the difference re Mata etc so your point is basically flawed. He's come to conclusion that he doesn't offer anything Man United need for top 4 challenge. I fail to see how it will be different at Everton.

But Mourinho isn't our manager. Koeman is.

And Koeman clearly thinks differently.

31 is nothing. Worth remembering that Utd brought in a 35 year old last season as their main striker and he killed it.

Rooney may not be the same player he was 5 years ago, but then I suspect neither is Zlat; neither are you, nor I.
Surely you can't compare the two. Ibrahimovic has lived the life of an athlete for 20 years. Rooney has drank and smoked for the last 10.

Him in the changing rooms having relations with the tea lady, he turns round to see the camera...he sni
That'll be something I ask him right after I find out his thoughts on cheese on toast.

can you give him an ill advised framed photo? maybe the one of him kissing the utd badge..

...I guarantee that every person on this forum will have done the same as Rooney when he was 17 and joined Manchester United. Once more, I guarantee that every person on this forum would encourage their son to do the same if they had a lad in Rooney's situation when he was 17. It's too romantic to think otherwise.
A bit of sense.
Thank you Eggs.
All this post was missing was the word "Rooney", in capitals 3 times.

125k/pw is £6.5m over a year. Would you be happier if we chucked on a nominal £2m transfer fee and "only" paid him £100k/pw? For the club it's all the same. This way we assume less risk and if he really does struggle then we have no obligation to extend his stay beyond 2018.

Always said that I would take him back but ONLY on our terms - ie if it he fit into our wage structure and it made commercial sense for us. I didn't ever see how that could happen given his astronomical wages at Utd, but if they are still footing half the bill then we should bite their hands off.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his need (sorry Karl) - he would quite simply not be our best player so why make him the best paid? I would rather a kid with fire in his belly is given a chance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back