Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
...I guarantee that almost every person on this forum will have done the same as Rooney when he was 17 and joined Manchester United. Once more, I guarantee that almost every person on this forum would encourage their son to do the same if they had a lad in Rooney's situation when he was 17. It's too romantic to think otherwise.

Not at 17 I wouldn't.

Think the devided fans base comes down to 1 think.. how old you were when Rooney left. If you like me we're a teenage when he left then like me you want him back, if you were much younger you only know him as a Utd player.

His name carries weight, he's one of the most famous footballers in the world and he's signing for us, it's great PR and he also get 10-20 goals this season for us

All the signs point towards us having a Lukaku-sized hole to fill next season. Do you really think Lookman & DCL are going be able to do that at this stage of their career, even between them? We absolutely need someone "who's been there, done it" given the task ahead.

As for his pay, that is business between him and the club. I have never been against anyone making as much money as they can. If the deal is good for both parties then it will be struck. We'll pay Rooney as much as we think he's worth to us, and Rooney will be happy to accept that rate for his footballing services. Given the dynamics of the deal and the pull of playing for Everton, we will be getting him for below his true market price - that's why it's a complete no-brainer.

let him demonstrate the "pull of playing for Everton" by taking a wage that's the average of all first team players, do you think the "pull" would make him survive on 50k a week, especially as he's a local and knows how little his fellow scousers get for a weeks graft?

let him demonstrate the "pull of playing for Everton" by taking a wage that's the average of all first team players, do you think the "pull" would make him survive on 50k a week, especially as he's a local and knows how little his fellow scousers get for a weeks graft?

don't be an idiot. If you're going to make that argument you might as well ask why isn't he won't play for free.
He's still a professional footballer at the end of the day, and everyone has to operate with a degree of doing what is best for them.

Would you take Torres now?
No, but it shows going back to your roots, where your love of football began, can make a huge improvement to your play. I think Rooney has fallen out of love with the game a bit playing for United in the last few years. The fire in his belly is going to be raging when he's back home

At the end of the day we won't be paying anything for Rooney bar wages which isnt going to cripple the club considering we aren't throwing 100 grand at everyone as it stands so the risk factor is quite low here even if he isn't any good for us.

Plus he is a massive media and sponsor draw so hypothetically we can make money off him just being in a blue shirt which will pay for some of his wages alone.

I think we are signing a world beater. 15 minimum goals he will score. Vault me.
I think he will get 15 goals amongst the league, cups and European campaigns quite comfortably depending on how many games he plays. If he plays 40 games I think he'll get more than 15 to be honest. It's not like Rom ran around loads off the ball and he'll have people like Sandro and Klaasen in attack to provide loads of movement and draw defenders out of position.

I heard Tottenham had four players score over 20 goals last season and that's what we need to push us to the next level.

I'm trying to politely discuss the disaster that is Wayne Rooney returning.

Please take your Trump output to Twitter you Swedish irritant :)

yes, ok. whats your argument then. why wouldnt you want one of the most decorated footballer in the country in everton shirt ? lets hear it.
...btw the boldened part...whats that about? you lost. get over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back