Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, ok. whats your argument then. why wouldnt you want one of the most decorated footballer in the country in everton shirt ? lets hear it.
...btw the boldened part...whats that about? you lost. get over it.

I'm not sure why you'd need any Everton fan to explain why they don't want him back.

Just pick any of the many reasons that have been discussed to death on here for years.

Rooney might be finished as a number 9 but could he do a job as a "provider" for a season?
Not for me mate , he's an instinctly fantastic finisher.
Part of a front three he'd be brilliant.
His last 2 years he's been pushed out wide , played midfield & dropped deeper.
He's a goalscorer take that away & its a waste of time signing him.

No, but it shows going back to your roots, where your love of football began, can make a huge improvement to your play. I think Rooney has fallen out of love with the game a bit playing for United in the last few years. The fire in his belly is going to be raging when he's back home

I don't want a player like that then who picks and chooses when he plays. We have enough of them already.

The only thing in his belly is booze and pies.

At the end of the day we won't be paying anything for Rooney bar wages which isnt going to cripple the club considering we aren't throwing 100 grand at everyone as it stands so the risk factor is quite low here even if he isn't any good for us.

Plus he is a massive media and sponsor draw so hypothetically we can make money off him just being in a blue shirt which will pay for some of his wages alone.
Seems to me the "meja" part is as important to moshiri as improving the squad this window. For better or worse, bringing Rooney home, selling Rom for a record ammount.... The new stadium announcements.... Being Jim White's text buddy... The entire thing appears to be about improving the club's standing with the media, getting us being spoken about again will also make us relevant again... The more coverage we get, the more enticing we will be to new players....
That's my take on it any roads.

don't be an idiot. If you're going to make that argument you might as well ask why isn't he won't play for free.
He's still a professional footballer at the end of the day, and everyone has to operate with a degree of doing what is best for them.

and one - i won't stoop to name calling - who in my opinion isn't worth becoming our best paid player - he scored five league goals last year, that clown we lent to hull probably got that many

opinions lad and i don't think he's got any desire to play the game to win any more

Look at the size of that big fat beaut.

/s
We just need this man on the coaching staff, I'm telling ya
upload_2017-7-5_12-40-41.webp

Problem solved

I don't want a player like that then who picks and chooses when he plays. We have enough of them already.

The only thing in his belly is booze and pies.
We all have our opinions, lets see if he signs and what happens at the end of next season. I guarantee you, you can even quote me on this, he will be an outstanding signing and will help us go far in Europe. Mark my words.

The other argument I don't get is that he would be good influence for the youth, why? If anything he's shown himself to be a poor professional throughout his career. The drinking, gambling and smoking, banging birds behind his wife's back, one of which was an actual pensioner, taking his club for an absolute ride on his contract renewals (which is a main source of Utd fans beef with him) and just generally not putting in the sort of extra graft fitness wise to stay ahead of the curve like the likes of Ronaldo and giggs did

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back