Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just skipped 90 pages, been at work today, Rooney isn't coming, we won't pay more than £150,000 a week, looks like he s a no goer. But Giroud is looking likely, Mr Kenright has been speaking on the pbone personally and heard Mr Walsh has been in Glasgow trying to tie up a double deal. For 2 Celtic players, if it comes off I don't know. But clean shirts all round

Index

2 blokes at celtic: Tierney and Rogic
little-girl-oops-face-what-the-heck-is-this-.webp

Just skipped 90 pages, been at work today, Rooney isn't coming, we won't pay more than £150,000 a week, looks like he s a no goer. But Giroud is looking likely, Mr Kenright has been speaking on the pbone personally and heard Mr Walsh has been in Glasgow trying to tie up a double deal. For 2 Celtic players, if it comes off I don't know. But clean shirts all round

Will get done today. Medical, terms etc. Club will announce when the Instagram video is ready.

@orly

When I was in uni I worked in the maccies on Edge Lane and Rooney and Colleen would always be coming through the drive thru, mainly getting things like ice creams for the kids.

I served Wayne on his own once though and he got two McChicken Sanwhiches with no salad.

We should use this to our advantage, place a couple of big macs, pack Benson Hedges, 4 cans Carling behind net win bonus for him end of every game

United fan here. Rooney on his day was unplayable. The past few years the fire seemed to have burnt away with him. Still scored a few beasty goals this year and that last minute free kick against Hull.. Maybe moving back home might unleash the old rooney back from a few years?

Yeah, I agree. Part of any downturn is just having been around the same place for so long. The fire in the belly doesn't burn quite as strong as it once did, as much as it is about the legs not being able to turn over quite as quickly. Hopefully a new challenge will reignite that hunger.

It's not unthinkable but I wouldn't be so sure. Utd wanted to shift him to China last Christmas but he refused. Why will he be any more amenable in a year when his family is settled and he'll probably have another 2 years left?
If Joyce is right we're effectively paying a £10m transfer fee and I presume at least £150k per week wages for 3 years. This on a once world class player who almost all objective commentators in the game that I've heard have assessed as past it. Not to mention there are credible reports of boozing, eating and gambling indulgences.
He'll generate publicity for the club no doubt but after an astounding transfer effort to create a young vibrant spine for the team I think this is sentimental madness. His legs look gone but his wages will dictate he plays a lot of games which could effect team spirit. If he's dropped will he resort to boozing and over eating? Crazy. Hope he proves every word I said wrong.
That's literally the worst case scenario.

Koeman won't play him if he's not playing well. If there's one thing about Koeman, he's clearly not bothered about upsetting people.

I reckon 2yr contract is probably more likely btw, but I guess we'll see on that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back