Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's one difference but it's a very, very significant difference. Footballers who earn the amount of money he does are nothing like us, not one bit. The only language Wayne Rooney understands is £'s and pence, whoever comes up with the cash gets him. The emotional attachment he had towards the club as a kid (when he was like us) is more or less gone completely.

Like darth Vader mate... there is good in him ... I can feel it... it hasn't been driven from him completely

Your talking about a player who cant stop smoking,eating junk food and generally unable to look after himself for a few years earning top wages,a player who cant be motivated earning mega bucks playing for one of the biggest,most famous teams in the world yet he will get his mojo back playing for us?

He smokes?

If...For the Rooney haters...And it's a big if this was to happen...What if he comes back & he's totes amaze balls?

If...for the Rooney lovers...And it's a big if this was to happen...what if he's still crap in our team?

If...For the Rooney haters...And it's a big if this was to happen...What if he comes back & he's totes amaze balls?

Those are both big IFs but mine is IF he comes back where does he fit in? Does he take Ross's place and make him lose playing time that he needs to develop? No way he is taking Rom's spot

Those are both big IFs but mine is IF he comes back where does he fit in? Does he take Ross's place and make him lose playing time that he needs to develop? No way he is taking Rom's spot

...we shouldn't be paranoid about who he'd replace. We can't have too many good footballers and he's one of those. He might fit better in the team than Barkley, he might do more for Barkley's development than any coach can do.

Who knew Andy Gray would compliment Graham Sharp the way he did and provide mentorship off the pitch. Who thought Peter Reid and Paul Bracewell would dovetail like twins on the pitch allowing Steven and Sheedy to do their stuff.

What we have isn't taking us to the next level, things are going to have to change to enable that.

...we shouldn't be paranoid about who he'd replace. We can't have too many good footballers and he's one of those. He might fit better in the team than Barkley, he might do more for Barkley's development than any coach can do.

Who knew Andy Gray would compliment Graham Sharp the way he did and provide mentorship off the pitch. Who thought Peter Reid and Paul Bracewell would dovetail like twins on the pitch allowing Steven and Sheedy to do their stuff.

What we have isn't taking us to the next level, things are going to have to change to enable that.
I can see what you are saying. I just think he left us over 10 years ago and is starting to look like he is towards the end. I think the money we would spend on him would be better spent elsewhere

I can see what you are saying. I just think he left us over 10 years ago and is starting to look like he is towards the end. I think the money we would spend on him would be better spent elsewhere

..perhaps, but his decision to leave was entirely correct and if RK feels he can improve the squad then that's what matters. If we have the monies reportedly available there should be enough to bring a number of players in.

Thing is if we get him where does he play? Lukaku and Bolasi are automatic starts, how will he fit in with those 2? Even at this late stage thinking about it I can see that threesome being quite dangerous

Yeah yeah.......yeah.......People in mansions , who drive Ferrari, Mercedes and the rest, will lose lots of sleep because you don't respect them..[/QUOTE
Your point being? Look I'll make it simple for you , he betrayed the club I support therefore I despise him. He's also way way past his best so I don't want him. I honestly couldn't care less how much money he has or what car he drives good luck to him on that. You, on the other hand, seem obsessed by money and possessions. Grow up.

Gray couldnt get in the starting XI for half of 84/85. It was only Heaths injury that gave him a look in. Rooney could be back up for Rom/Ross and also back up CM. In some games he could also play 10 and Ross play a bit deeper.. He could get plenty playing time, some of it from the bench. Would he be happy with this?. Remember at 31 he's not going to be able to play every 90 mins anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back