Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with Rooney is that ever since he was a 16 year old kid it was accepted that he would peak early and fade badly due to his physique and style of football.

That has apparently played out.

Perhaps at the level he's been playing at, which unfortunately is higher than ours at the moment, but experience and his remaining ability still puts at a higher level than some we depend on at the moment. Again, Barry is a prime example of the benefits of this.

would love to sign rooney still class and a 100% upgrade on most of our team be silly not too! i understand he left but who can blame him own everything since he left whilst we only improved because he left and we could sign a few players! was years and years ago getting him in January would be a coup! keep rom and other big players happy and will attract more players!

The problem with Rooney is that ever since he was a 16 year old kid it was accepted that he would peak early and fade badly due to his physique and style of football.

That has apparently played out.

Great post mate, i agree whole heatedly, hes the kind of lad i would say would put on a few pounds even looking at a pie. I dont think he will be one to Giggs or a Sherringham and will wane every year as they pass.

Genuinely I'm not arsed about him leaving anymore. I'm over it and I have been for a long time.

It hurt at the time, but he had the world at his feet and we had just finished 17th

He may support Everton, but he put his career first

Fine

Over the years the rift has healed, at least for me it has.

As with any signing, if he would improve us, I'm ok with it. I think whoever makes the decision on this should consider his age, the cost of any deal and the likelihood of him declining further in the near future, but he would give us options up front and at number 10 - both positions we have no real credible alternative to the current incumbent of the shirts.
Sensible words.

Had a look on a mancs forum and they have a thread asking whether they want Rooney to be their all time greatest goalscorer (ahead of Charlton) and a lot of them seem to hate him and hope he doesn't get the record.

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/do-y...-uniteds-top-scorer-of-all-time.422480/page-2

So he left us to win everything at Utd. However once he's gone he'll be just another ex player. He could of stayed and been a legend at goodison.

Part of me hopes he never comes back, we'd be getting a player past his best on silly money. He had his chance and chose his way. He had a fine career at the top but lost out on being a true great at Everton.

Had a look on a mancs forum and they have a thread asking whether they want Rooney to be their all time greatest goalscorer (ahead of Charlton) and a lot of them seem to hate him and hope he doesn't get the record.

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/do-y...-uniteds-top-scorer-of-all-time.422480/page-2

So he left us to win everything at Utd. However once he's gone he'll be just another ex player. He could of stayed and been a legend at goodison.

Part of me hopes he never comes back, we'd be getting a player past his best on silly money. He had his chance and chose his way. He had a fine career at the top but lost out on being a true great at Everton.
Every footballer in his situation would have left basket case Everton at that time. C'mon now.

For me, it comes back to two questions:

Does he play in a position we need to improve? (I think this is a yes.)

Is he the best available in that position? (Would you choose Rooney if we could get Mata for instance?)

Not bothered about his history but agree with the sentiment that his choices have meant he'll not be remembered as a legend by anyone (assuming that he left Everton of his own choosing).

The thread is funny on the United site, I see very soon he will be the leading ever goals scorer for them, and pretty soon only 5 players will have played more games for United, and yet they dont like him ? haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back