Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
for me Noble just example of what Ross risks becoming if he doesn't push on. Talent alone won't make him a world class player, he needs the right application. I still hold out hope he can be that player.

Noble is someone who had made a decent career for himself by being professional and working hard, essentially making the most of limited talent.

I can't see how this applies to Ross, even if he fails to improve on what he is now, he's still miles better than Noble at his best.

He's scored almost as many goals as Noble (who takes pens) in about a quarter of the time. He's playing for a bigger club than Noble will ever play for and he's played for his country.

Noble 399 45
Barkley 168 28

Love the idea that Wayne Rooney will come back and impart his wisdom on our younger players, and teach us the wondrous ways of modern world football. A beacon of knowledge for one and all to bask in.

article-1034267-001DEC6D0000044C-922_233x362.jpg

If he does come back it will not just be a footballing decision, his return would impact across the team, club, support and wider public. I would love it to happen.

He would not impact the team. He wouldn't get in it.

He would not impact the club. We've been picking up Man United rejects for years.

He might impact our support, yes. In that he splits our fanbase between pro and anti Rooney. Fun.

And as someone said earlier, he wouldn't impact the wider publics view of us. People would stop caring about Rooney, not start caring about Everton.

Love the idea that Wayne Rooney will come back and impart his wisdom on our younger players, and teach us the wondrous ways of modern world football. A beacon of knowledge for one and all to bask in.

article-1034267-001DEC6D0000044C-922_233x362.jpg

I remember that picture well.

It was the short break before a major tournament - and there were pictures of Rooney drinking stella on holiday, and Ronaldo working in the gym.

Been phoning it in at Utd for years now. The fans don't like him but I'm guessing the feeling is mutual but sure who would have turned down the dollar on offer?. He's a winner though and would come back with a point to prove so if there is more in the tank, he'll give it, and that's why it's a yes from me.

Offered him the biggest contract in our clubs history at the time.

A proper blue like Kenwright who remortgaged his house to be involved in Everton getting slated over some snide who couldnt wait to leave at the first time of action and proceeded to act the knob every time he came back for years.

Couldnt make it up.

Kenwright is 100 times the Evertonian that Rooney is.

Oh dear just searched Kenwright to find that Echo article and this little golden nugget popped up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back