Transfer Rumour Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be worth him coming back just to try and pass that onto Ross, its not just about what he does on the pitch but what he can help the younger players with
For me, the jury is still in deliberation re Barkley : undoubted skills... but football brain? It's an innate thing. But I'll keep my sceptical fingers crossed.
His physical footballing ability demands he be given every opportunity to set out his stall.

For me, it comes back to two questions:

Does he play in a position we need to improve? (I think this is a yes.)

Is he the best available in that position? (Would you choose Rooney if we could get Mata for instance?)

Not bothered about his history but agree with the sentiment that his choices have meant he'll not be remembered as a legend by anyone (assuming that he left Everton of his own choosing).

Does he play in a position we need to improve?

Well he's certainly better than alot of our back up choices but on the kind of money he'd be on, you'd want a first team player. Does he get in the team as a striker? No, Lukaku is better. As a number 10? Barkley is better. In central midfield? Gueye is better.

Is he the best available in that position?
Absolutely not. The most high profile we could get, but nowhere near the best anymore.

Haha can you really imagine Rooney coaching? No chance. When he retires he'll just get fat and move wherever Colleen wants to go, probably become an alcoholic.

ooh harsh, not saying he would be any good...but maybe wants to have a go

For me, the jury is still in deliberation re Barkley : undoubted skills... but football brain? It's an innate thing. But I'll keep my sceptical fingers crossed.
His physical footballing ability demands he be given every opportunity to set out his stall.
This! Ross has the potential to be another Lampard, Gerrard or Gazza, equally he could be a Mark Noble. Only time will tell.

Every footballer in his situation would have left basket case Everton at that time. C'mon now.

Maybe, but he could of signed 3 years ago on a free or even sooner if he wanted to. We were crying out for a world clas player around the time we were finishing 5th to 7th every year, we had some great teams under Moyes but he chose to stay at Utd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back