Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably yano, hes been a good servant to them, if he asked to go back to Valencia I could see them waiving the fee.
You think they’d waive a fee right now for him to go to Valencia?
c83c505a44740137af57fd2f8983e91d.jpg

I’m sure they will waive a fee if he’s not in the side and wants to return home to play football. They’ll reward his loyalty as Man Utd did for their record goal scorer.

Comparing any of our players against Ciry’s is stupid as their whole club is on another level. What about comparing Sane or Jesus with Davis and DCL??

Seems like some people just can’t wait to find a scapegoat and Rooney’s poor performance against City is enough. You weren’t slating him when he scored at the Etihad were you? Or what about the other 9 league goals he’s scored to win us points this season?

I’m not a Rooney fan by any stretch but the comments in this thread are embarrassing. I often agree with you posts but you’re sounding like an absolute clown in this thread.

People need to concentrate on the real issues at this club - the board, DOF and management. Our top goal scorer really isn’t causing me too much concern at present.
I’ve been an ardent critic of Rooney since he’s been here. His goals, with pens included, don’t make up for the detrimental effect he has on the team when he plays.

He thinks he can take as much time as he likes on the ball, ping about 20 balls out of play and generally just been an utter crab, all because he is Wayne Rooney.

The fact he is the highest ever wage earner at the club is a massive slap in the face to the fans.

He doesn’t give a toss about this club. If he did, he’d work on getting fitter, instead of trying to nail the local bike whilst bevied. We’re his swan song in the PL before he heads off to USA or China.

I’ve been an ardent critic of Rooney since he’s been here. His goals, with pens included, don’t make up for the detrimental effect he has on the team when he plays.

He thinks he can take as much time as he likes on the ball, ping about 20 balls out of play and generally just been an utter crab, all because he is Wayne Rooney.

The fact he is the highest ever wage earner at the club is a massive slap in the face to the fans.

He doesn’t give a toss about this club. If he did, he’d work on getting fitter, instead of trying to nail the local bike whilst bevied. We’re his swan song in the PL before he heads off to USA or China.
You're doing my typing for me! I'd add my own thoughts but, well, you've perfectly summarised them in most of your posts in this thread.

You're doing my typing for me! I'd add my own thoughts but, well, you've perfectly summarised them in most of your posts in this thread.
Baffles me how some fans will defend Rooney to the hilt. You’d think it was us he’d won all them trophies with!

We’re nothing to him. He got behind the wheel of a car whilst pissed because he knows he can do whatever he wants here. The bald knobhead probably can’t believe his luck that us mugs have welcomed him back with open arms and paid him £150k p/w when he knows he can’t cut it anymore.

Here is the true blue at Goodison:

wayne-rooney-of-manchester-united-kisses-his-badge-during-the-picture-id83428641

Agree. If Davies & Bene had been on from the start, Citeh wouldn't have had the open door through our midfield, and we might just have posed a greater threat when we had the ball going forward. Sadly, Rooney is now well past his best, and was quite anonymous yesterday - the game passed him by...

...Rooney is still a fine player (as demonstrated plenty this season), but he’s just not as effective in that deep role against the teams who put him under pressure. He needed to sit this one out, or be given a role further up the pitch.

Baffles me how some fans will defend Rooney to the hilt. You’d think it was us he’d won all them trophies with!

We’re nothing to him. He got behind the wheel of a car whilst pissed because he knows he can do whatever he wants here. The bald knobhead probably can’t believe his luck that us mugs have welcomed him back with open arms and paid him £150k p/w when he knows he can’t cut it anymore.

Here is the true blue at Goodison:

wayne-rooney-of-manchester-united-kisses-his-badge-during-the-picture-id83428641

..I tend to take all of the sentimentality out of it. I’m not overly bothered about his allegiances or who he won medals for. Bottom line is he’s been a top footballer and has generally done well for us this season. As I said when he signed, he needs to be used sparingly and wisely. From what his teammates say, he’s a good influence for the youngsters and still has something to offer.

It’s all about opinion of course.

..I tend to take all of the sentimentality out of it. I’m not overly bothered about his allegiances or who he won medals for. Bottom line is he’s been a top footballer and has generally done well for us this season. As I said when he signed, he needs to be used sparingly and wisely. From what his teammates say, he’s a good influence for the youngsters and still has something to offer.

And using your eyes without agenda.

He's been a good signing.

From what his teammates say, he’s a good influence for the youngsters and still has something to offer.
Regrettably, I do seriously question how much of a positive impact he will be having on some of the younger members of our squad.

Undoubtedly, he will be able to offer his wealth of experience at the highest levels of the domestic, European and international stage.

However, he's far away from being a consummate professional and his behaviour has been repeatedly questionable - and it continues to be so!

He's had a strange season. He's been the best player for us on a good few occasions. But he's also been the worst player on a number of occasions too. Tactically Allardyce got it all wrong on Saturday but Rooney was totally abysmal too. That immobile midfield 2 against their midfield was like lambs to the slaughter.

Totally agree with this.

As I’ve said previously I’m no Rooney fan and don’t condone what he does if the pitch. But when analysing the squad this season he’s been in our top 2/3 performers. This will undoubtedly be reflected when voting opens for the end of season awards. Certain fans just seem to have an agenda against him and can’t/won’t accept any positive contributions he’s made since coming back.

I find it baffling how this fella is getting so much stick when there’s maybe only Pickford, Coleman and Baines who have performed as well as him this season. As for wages, they’re all on rediculous wedge. Klaassen and Sandro aren’t far behind Rooney and look at the contributions they’ve made.

Nobody in the squad has had a season they can really be proud of. Some, including Rooney, have been good in short patches but totally inconsistent.

Rooney attracts attention because of his name and salary.

I have nothing against Rooney but he represents the past and we need to be looking to the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back