Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regrettably, I do seriously question how much of a positive impact he will be having on some of the younger members of our squad.

Watch an interview with any young player (and half of the senior members, including Walcott and Tosun) and they speak of Rooneys influence.

It’s unfair to suggest he is not a good role model when he has achieved so much.

Watching the Football Itaia documentary on BT last night, and it was funny listening to Lampard talk about what he learned from a 30+ Zola, and how it helped him prolong his own career at the top.

Rooney should be embarrassed when he looks at how he's performed over the past four years. This is a player who should be having a similar impact to what the likes of Zola, Bergkamp and Pirlo had, or even what a Peter Bearsley was able to do well into his 30s.

The only positive to come from his association with Everton is the money he brought in when the club needed it most, and now he's returned to claim that back, too.

Just a shame that all of this could have been avoided if they'd only agreed to open up a branch of Sayers in Beijing.

David Silva plays for a good team. If he played for us, or for teams of our nowadays same standing (eg Stoke, Watford, Soton etc), he would look as crappy as all our players do.

David Silva plays for a good team. If he played for us, or for teams of our nowadays same standing (eg Stoke, Watford, Soton etc), he would look as crappy as all our players do.
I think you're doing Silva a massive disservice. Players of his quality improve the teams they're in.

Rooney was garbage for three years before he came here, and that was while playing for a good team.

Rooney should be embarrassed when he looks at how he's performed over the past four years. This is a player who should be having a similar impact to what the likes of Zola, Bergkamp and Pirlo had, or even what a Peter Bearsley was able to do well into his 30s.

Were they playing 40 games a season age 16 in the most physically demanding league in the world ?

Genuine question as I don’t know, I’m guessing the answer is no though. Plus Rooney has pretty unique body type/build for a footballer, the kind that’s more likely to hinder you as you get older.

If you think he's bad now, just imagine what he'll be like next season, captain's armband on his sleeve, blowing out of his arse after 25 minutes, watching the game pass him by. It's an absolute disgrace that he was not only brought back to our club, but that we fell for United valuing him at over 10m pounds and then proceeded to smash our wage structure, all in the name of luvvy Kenwright. Get out.

Were they playing 40 games a season age 16 in the most physically demanding league in the world ?

Genuine question as I don’t know, I’m guessing the answer is no though. Plus Rooney has pretty unique body type/build for a footballer, the kind that’s more likely to hinder you as you get older.
Virtually every top player is a regular at club level in their teens, and yet most aren't a shell of themselves before they've even hit 30.

I’d like to see him follow Zlatan to the US. Go get some recognition for the great player he’s been & free up some wages, give our new manager a clean slate.

yeah but does he want to play crap and the only stock of photos in his Everton shirt will be looking down, hands on hips and with a grey beard and no hair. That's not how this was supposed to end!

If only he could have done something to rectify that eh?

Watch an interview with any young player (and half of the senior members, including Walcott and Tosun) and they speak of Rooneys influence.

It’s unfair to suggest he is not a good role model when he has achieved so much.
We'll have to agree to disagree here; I truly respect the experience he brings (his achievements as you mention) and other positive aspects.

Nevertheless, the fact that he's achieved a lot in the game while at Manure doesn't negate the known negatives both on and off the pitch.

I’m sure they will waive a fee if he’s not in the side and wants to return home to play football. They’ll reward his loyalty as Man Utd did for their record goal scorer.

Comparing any of our players against Ciry’s is stupid as their whole club is on another level. What about comparing Sane or Jesus with Davis and DCL??

Seems like some people just can’t wait to find a scapegoat and Rooney’s poor performance against City is enough. You weren’t slating him when he scored at the Etihad were you? Or what about the other 9 league goals he’s scored to win us points this season?

I’m not a Rooney fan by any stretch but the comments in this thread are embarrassing. I often agree with you posts but you’re sounding like an absolute clown in this thread.

People need to concentrate on the real issues at this club - the board, DOF and management. Our top goal scorer really isn’t causing me too much concern at present.
I was slating him when he scored at the Etihad. He’s gash and we should never have gone near him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back