Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.

...Rooney is still a fine player (as demonstrated plenty this season), but he’s just not as effective in that deep role against the teams who put him under pressure. He needed to sit this one out, or be given a role further up the pitch.
I can't see how someone who turns over possession constantly, hasn't got legs, hogs all the set pieces and has missed 4 pens can be still considered a fine player.

Not one other team would indulge him, the amount of times he gives the ball away at this level is criminal, on top of that he can't tackle. So we shove him in midfield, we are getting laughed at.

Just read this on twitter:

David silva and Wayne Rooney are both 32. Today David silva controlled the game and played like he’s 18years old whilst Rooney looked like a 40yr old scaffolder playing in the dockyard league Sunday morning after 10 pints and a gram of shovel.
Why do you get so much joy when we lose?

:coffee:

I can't see how someone who turns over possession constantly, hasn't got legs, hogs all the set pieces and has missed 4 pens can be still considered a fine player.

Not one other team would indulge him, the amount of times he gives the ball away at this level is criminal, on top of that he can't tackle. So we shove him in midfield, we are getting laughed at.

;)

From the Everton player ratings on the ESPN Sport website today (in which Rooney ranked joint bottom with Schneiderlin with 2/10): No amount of dreaming is going to turn a fading striker into an effective defensive midfielder. No tackles or interceptions defined a miserable outing in which the game went on around him.

And we pay him £150,000 a week! Unspeakable stupidity.

That, in a nutshell, is all that is wrong with the way Everton is run, managed and motivated.

A Catherine Cookson novel of a football club where typically, just as one gives up hope, the hero appears on the horizon... but sadly he's bald, p*ssed, overweight, impotent and ends up running off with the heroine's 60-year-old mum!

I'm desperately praying Gana is fit for the derby. If we have both Schneiderlin and Rooney in Midfield we will be desperately over run. Last Seasons Goodison Derby turned when McCarthy went off for Barry- he just didn't have the legs to compete.

For me Gana and Davies have to play. Maybe even Baningime too. Sam will probably poo his pants at the 'inexperienced' players starting though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back