Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imagine if he wasn't from Liverpool & supported us would we have signed him? Mourinho is no fool, he knew he was finished at the very top.
I didn't want him here, but when it happened I was pleased. However it looks a poor decision now.

But he's been a class player and I wouldn't rule out some sort of form and impact. He'll never be the main man for us though, and that's what some thought when he came back.

I didn't want him here, but when it happened I was pleased. However it looks a poor decision now.

But he's been a class player and I wouldn't rule out some sort of form and impact. He'll never be the main man for us though, and that's what some thought when he came back.

I would worry about the sanity of anyone who thought he would be the main man. Like most, probably, I was "Ok" about him coming back, and hopeful that when he gets a run of games, his obvious talent will be an asset. But main man? Christ, not unless he has signed for Bristol City.

I actually think, Rooney's football brain is a little quicker than some of our attacking players. He makes moves and passes that with better strikers would likely come off. It will just take time to gel.

I have no doubt that Rooney will do well for us.

I would worry about the sanity of anyone who thought he would be the main man. Like most, probably, I was "Ok" about him coming back, and hopeful that when he gets a run of games, his obvious talent will be an asset. But main man? Christ, not unless he has signed for Bristol City.
I never thought he would be the main man. I am quite baffled that he is actually a starter though. Surely Sigurdsson or whatever player we bring in will take his place in the starting lineup.

I dont know. Think back to when he was unveiled and everyone could see he was in shape. Many felt he could have his Indian Summer here and even be named captain. It was only two weeks ago people were saying that.

All this said, It would be a fool who wrote Rooney off. He's just failed to connect with a few attempts and you feel that if he scores an important goal he'll have lift off into some sort of form.

I dont know. Think back to when he was unveiled and everyone could see he was in shape. Many felt he could have his Indian Summer here and even be named captain. It was only two weeks ago people were saying that.

All this said, It would be a fool who wrote Rooney off. He's just failed to connect with a few attempts and you feel that if he scores an important goal he'll have lift off into some sort of form.
Think more hope than anything. Hoping this groan problem hes been shaking off isnt going to bite us in the arse

We get into the group stages of europa and ill think he'll flurish tbh

Writing the guy off before the season has started? Honestly, I worry for some blues.

Rooney will have a good season with many instances on show of his younger days. People just need to relax.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back