Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2017/18 Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't want him to come in first place but to be fair he did a good job for us this season with some goals and showing passion - both lacking in most of our squad. I would keep him in as a replacement for big dunc (if he can take a big salary cut .

Rooney is playing CM since Christmas of course his goal rate dropped. Also a much more defensive manager has come in.

What big signing would want to play Hoodball? If I were Rooney I would have signed up to continue to play attacking football what Everton is all about.

This [Poor language removed] football is dire and I would want out too another season of that hoof ball tripe would kill anyone's passio.

Allardyce has to go thanks for the memories but he's not what we need going forward.

As you would expect considering he is probably the clubs top earner with years of experience at this level aswell as being a striker where as Davies is a 19 year old midfielder. So in my opinion Davies has had a better season than Rooney.

It's not a relative measure.

Rooney, top scorer.

Davies, can't pass to a team mate and is almost hilariously bad.

As you would expect considering he is probably the clubs top earner with years of experience at this level aswell as being a striker where as Davies is a 19 year old midfielder. So in my opinion Davies has had a better season than Rooney.

Davies - 2 goals in 2018

Rooney - 0 goals in 2018

Therefore Davies is in better form, so should be playing.

Would seem a good fit for both player and club.
He had his dream of returning come true and one big wage bill off the books.
I think we all have seen he's not likely to be any better next term.

His form has took a serious dive since about the time Allardyce has took charge. Love him or loathe him, 10 goals in 16 appearances before crimbo was a great return

It begs the question, whose performances have improved since Allardyce took charge? Collectively results have improved but player wise who has really improved him?

I'd say Baines and Coleman coming back, 2 experienced professionals have made the difference as individually performances have been just as bad and the likes of Rooneys performances have been even worse

I loved Wayne as a player and it broke my heart when he left as a youngster. However, I think he's done and should look elsewhere.

The proviso is, that we either buy a creative player (somewhat younger) or pick our team around our creative player (Siggy) and replace Wayne with a top notch striker.

Anyone who goes the game should be able to see two things his legs have gone and he losses possession way to much. Sometimes the lad can't pass the ball 10 yards, these mistakes have become way to frequent.

No doubt he was a great player, but great player he is no more. He is not the answer for Everton future, him along with fat head Sam need to go and a new future needs to begin.

Should've been an worthy addition to add that extra belief to our expensive L4 Globetrotters.

Didn't work out but was still capable in certain games. Also didn't hide.

Shame as I think he did all he could.

It must be annoying for Americans when they see absolute bloaters like this rocking up in their league. How is it ever meant to progress if players like Rooney are going over and stunting the development of young American players?
Its America,its not about the sport,or the young players ,its all about the money and the commercial contracts.
DC will get major sponsorship off Google cars if Rooney signs lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back