What a window!

Status
Not open for further replies.
song

...we're on the march with RM's aRMy
we are going to win the league
...and we'll really shake 'em up
when we win the FA Cup
'cause Everton is the finest football team!!

Okay mate. You think that we'd spend a combined £10m fee for two players: one of which has 10 months left on his contract; the other is a 20 year old who was never going to start for Chelsea this season.

Do the maths you fool.

We're paying most likely around half of Barry's wages (60-70k a week) and all of Lukaku's wages (knowing Chelsea, probably also in the region of 60k a week). This comes out to a total of around 130k a week. Which for the rest of the season would be just over £5m for the pair's wages.

Following on from that, we're most likely paying around £3m for Lukaku's loan and some people were saying it's £1m for Barry's loan.

This totals at just over £9m for the two for the year. This is probably the "nearly £10m" being touted in that article.

The sales of Anichebe (30k a week) and Fellaini (75k a week) cover much of the added wages, not including the £32.5m in from their transfers.

We should still have around £15m left for January, and if not there should be questions asked.

I think you are right on your breakdown of the loan deals, and I'm guessing (and hoping) that the Guardian's reported £10m includes wages. Don't think (from my wide experience with football manager) loans cost that much in fees alone.

Cheers for doing the math, I was too lazy myself.

Okay mate. You think that we'd spend a combined £10m fee for two players: one of which has 10 months left on his contract; the other is a 20 year old who was never going to start for Chelsea this season.

Do the maths you fool.

We're paying most likely around half of Barry's wages (60-70k a week) and all of Lukaku's wages (knowing Chelsea, probably also in the region of 60k a week). This comes out to a total of around 130k a week. Which for the rest of the season would be just over £5m for the pair's wages.

Following on from that, we're most likely paying around £3m for Lukaku's loan and some people were saying it's £1m for Barry's loan.

This totals at just over £9m for the two for the year. This is probably the "nearly £10m" being touted in that article.

The sales of Anichebe (30k a week) and Fellaini (75k a week) cover much of the added wages, not including the £32.5m in from their transfers.

We should still have around £15m left for January, and if not there should be questions asked.

Fantastic post, why people continue to think otherwise is beyond me.

I think you are right on your breakdown of the loan deals, and I'm guessing (and hoping) that the Guardian's reported £10m includes wages. Don't think (from my wide experience with football manager) loans cost that much in fees alone.

Cheers for doing the math, I was too lazy myself.
Of course the reported 10 million include wages.

It seems to me that despite all the 'simple maths' we still got more money in than we spent and wages more or less balanced out. So I just don't get the idea that we have nothing to spend - we haven't yet touched the extra £30 - 35m TV money.

It seems to me that despite all the 'simple maths' we still got more money in than we spent and wages more or less balanced out. So I just don't get the idea that we have nothing to spend - we haven't yet touched the extra £30 - 35m TV money.

Exacly if you do the Maths after Fellaini and anichebe sale minus the standard liege clause,the mcCarthy deal and the supposedly 10m for loan fees and wages of Barry and lukaku then we should have 6-7m . We then have the tv money what comes in the end of this season which some teams have used early ala Cardiff Norwich and Swansea . In my opinion kenwright has told Martinez to play it safe with transfers this season and see how the first year goes and then he can improve the team next year

Everyone, stop counting the loan deals as ZERO money spent

Lukaku is either 3M or 5M (mixed reports) + wages
Barry's wage over a season will cost 5-6M!

Everyone, stop counting the loan deals as ZERO money spent

Lukaku is either 3M or 5M (mixed reports) + wages
Barry's wage over a season will cost 5-6M!
Lol.

People are not counting them at zero.

Wages are offset by wages of players out.

Barry's wages are not 120k per week either.

Wise up blues.

Fellaini was on 75k. That's roughly 3.75m a year. Barry is on 120k which is roughly 6.25m a year. If you throw a loan fee on as some are trying to suggest that would mean everton are paying roughly 7.25m a year for him. Or to put it another way double what we where paying Fellaini.

Now bear in mind we're talking about a club that hasn't spent real money on transfers other than through sales for god knows how many windows. We went years without signing a player for the first team squad and we took months just to get a wall rebuilt.

We don't waste money like that. Not on players anyway.

This is Everton. Get yer heads out the daft papers and let your eyes and life's experience of supporting Everton tell you whats going on.

Any fee's for loans will include the players wage, or percentage of that wage, that we're paying.

Wise up. Do you really think we've just made our 3rd or 4th choice CM our highest paid player in our history by 50k a week?

I like the balance of the squad and depth, only criticism is loans are temporay etc - it will break my heart giving Lukaku back but im going to enjoy it while it lasts. What an awsome player.

If you had said to me at the start of the summer: Lukaku, Delefou, McCarthy and Barkley would be part of our squad i would have creamed tbf.

Yeah let's face it we are infinitely better than three months ago and we haven't even touched the telly money yet.

BTpuUjtCAAATRC1.jpg

And that's with the questionable 6million pound acquisition of a dodgy 30 year old striker.

Not sure what you're getting at?

I think he's hinting at the fact that it's only Evertonians who can finish bottom of the net spend table during a transfer table and bring in utter dross like Arouna Kone yet still think it was a good transfer window.

I actually sort of agree, but I'm trying to withhold judgement until I see what our net spend in January is. It should be £15-20m, because Kone/Robles were bought with the Fer money.

Obviously, we'll see pigs fly before we see that money, but ah well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back