What a window!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has been a pretty good transfer window. B+ in my opinion which will rise to an A- if the 20mil we now have floating around doesn't vanish. The only blot is Kone and the fact that we haven't really replaced Fellaini on a permenant basis (hopefully in January) though Barry is a more than adequate temporary replacement (McCarthy is more of a replacement for Osman).

Lukaku was a phenomenal deal and one that has every chance of becoming permenant (don't see him ever leading the line at Chelsea). Deulofeu is also a great deal as we can have him longer than a year. McCarthy is a good solid (not exceptional) replacement for Ossie bringing the age down same with Joel.

All in all good window, January will be very exciting and with Lukaku up front now I can really see us climbing the table very quickly.

Howard
Coleman - Jagielka - Distin - Baines
McCarthy - Barry
Barkley
Deulofeu - Lukaku - Mirallas

(Maybe peinar for barry and play a 4-1-2-3)
That team is boss and looking forward to the season.

Top window I reckon , we're starting to see the new team developing .young lads playing in key positions , next jan will be I think a continuation of this thinking . Like the way we're going

Lukaku was a phenomenal deal and one that has every chance of becoming permenant (don't see him ever leading the line at Chelsea). Deulofeu is also a great deal as we can have him longer than a year. McCarthy is a good solid (not exceptional) replacement for Ossie bringing the age down same with Joel.

Chelsea have loaned him out IMHO to get him some prem experience. The minute they can get shot of Ba and Torres, they will recall Lukaku. No way on earth will they sell this guy.

With Deulofeu, you have to figure that if he's as good as we think he might be then he too would never be available for sale.

What makes you think that we have any shot at re-loaning them next year, let alone buying them?

finally glad to see some positivity in these threads! I sit and read some of the drivel that some people let dribble off their fingers and laugh. Sure, some signings have been mediocre (Kone, but it's been 3 games FFS). We haven't lost a game either, sure we should've won 1 or 2, but we haven't lost. It's way more positive so far than negative

OUT
Jan Mucha (free)
Thomas Hitzlsperger (free)
Phil Neville (retired)
Victor Anichebe (£6M)
Marouane Fellaini (£27.5m)

Total 32.5M

In

Arouna Kone (£5m)
Joel Robles (£1.5m)
Antolin Alcaraz (free)
Gerard Deulofeu (season-long loan £1m)
James McCarthy (£13m)
Romelu Lukaku (season-long loan £3m)
Gareth Barry (season-long loan £1m)

Total 24.5M

where are you getting the loan fees from?

Dave Whelan

Over on Toffeeweb a lot of mention was being made of Dave Whelans leg. What is that all about? Has he damaged it or something?

Chelsea have loaned him out IMHO to get him some prem experience. The minute they can get shot of Ba and Torres, they will recall Lukaku. No way on earth will they sell this guy.

With Deulofeu, you have to figure that if he's as good as we think he might be then he too would never be available for sale.

What makes you think that we have any shot at re-loaning them next year, let alone buying them?

Martinez has said that there is the option of having Deulofeu for another year if both parties agree. There is absolutelty no chance of us ever buying him but if we can get two good seasons out of him for basically free then that sounds like pretty good business to me.
Chelsea (Mourinho in particular) do not have a track record of letting young talent lead the line no matter how good they are (17 goals in the equivilent of 22 games last year and a great preseason and not a single BPL start) so I can see it being another loan or him turning into the next Sturridge at Chelsea constantly waiting for his chance to come whilst chelsea buy a ready made striker instead.

Well Lukaku I could see a chance of making it a permanent signing. Mourinho is not known for developing talent or giving youth a chance unless they are already world class, so who knows maybe Mourinho doesnt like Lukaku and would prefer a more experienced Striker. He is also known to play with a small squad. IMHO we could definitely have a chance.

Deulofeu is in a similar situation. Even though he has got the potential to become world class Barcelona already got tons of depth on wings and attack in Messi, Neymar, Alexis Sanchez, Pedro, Tello, Iniesta, Afellay and Isaac Cuenca who is another highly rated attacker who is on loan at Ajax. So there is plenty of competition for him. Maybe we could have him on loan again next season to continue his development.

Well Lukaku I could see a chance of making it a permanent signing. Mourinho is not known for developing talent or giving youth a chance unless they are already world class, so who knows maybe Mourinho doesnt like Lukaku and would prefer a more experienced Striker. He is also known to play with a small squad. IMHO we could definitely have a chance.

Deulofeu is in a similar situation. Even though he has got the potential to become world class Barcelona already got tons of depth on wings and attack in Messi, Neymar, Alexis Sanchez, Pedro, Tello, Iniesta, Afellay and Isaac Cuenca who is another highly rated attacker who is on loan at Ajax. So there is plenty of competition for him. Maybe we could have him on loan again next season to continue his development.

Didnt he say somewhere he liked Lukaku, and see him to play a similar role as Drogba for Chelsea in the coming years?

My main concern was keeping Baines, and ensuring we got enough for Fellaini.

Done deal.

Now hopefully we can actually score a freaking goal.

Can't wait to see us play again.

Barry I'm not too pushed about... McCarthy and Lukaku however; ****ing over the moon. Never thought we'd get a striker, esp one like Lukaku! And McCarthy is genuinely one hell of a player! He'll be an Everton great i can just feel it. He's so young as well! Really really happy with this window! Martinez, well played lad!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back