What a window!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I never thought I'd say it, but....if Billy-boy is part of the thinking and hard work today then good on him. He has rogered Moyes big time.

As good as the overall transfer window has been let's not forget we now have 3 loan signings, take them out and the situation isn't so rosy. There better be a couple of permanent signings made with the 10m or so Fellaini money in January (remember, a percentage was paid to Standard Liege), this money CANNOT be allowed to disappear

As good as the overall transfer window has been let's not forget we now have 3 loan signings, take them out and the situation isn't so rosy. There better be a couple of permanent signings made with the 10m or so Fellaini money in January (remember, a percentage was paid to Standard Liege), this money CANNOT be allowed to disappear

Exactly my feelings- we are papering over cracks again with an ageing squad. Barry is the only loan player we may have a chance of signing in the summer- if we want. I just hope the money made from the sales today is reinvented in the squad.

I think we have a strong squad for now but for the long term, I'm not too sure cos Doulefeu and Lukaku are loanees and the two best can't be made permanent. Also, can't expect to see Felli and Vic's money re invested.

Exactly my feelings- we are papering over cracks again with an ageing squad. Barry is the only loan player we may have a chance of signing in the summer- if we want. I just hope the money made from the sales today is reinvented in the squad.

It's no different to losing Baines next year, and Barkley the year after, etc etc, that's the long term position our club is in, we're always going through players.

Another 0 net spend window. So we got 27.5 mil for felli and 5 mil for victor and spent and only spent 13 mil, i just hope the profit we made doesnt disappear as per usual.

Ye respect to the big fella in this day and age with tw@ts like Suarez spitting the dummy out he behaved like a true pro the whole way through this saga. This allowed us to bum Moyes & the mancs for every last penny, cheers big fella thanks for the memories!

Couldn't agree more. We all knew he'd go there but he did so with our best interests at heart. I'd love to give him a BIG man hug! Nevertheless, I'm not sure how many more of Sky's Deadline Days I can sit through. I need a holiday.... (off to Crete in a couple of hours (y) b) )

Another 0 net spend window. So we got 27.5 mil for felli and 5 mil for victor and spent and only spent 13 mil, i just hope the profit we made doesnt disappear as per usual.

why are people bothered about spending money? i seriously dont get it.

Have we ended up with a far better team? yes we have.

would you have been happy if that cost us £10m?

why are people bothered about spending money? i seriously dont get it.

Have we ended up with a far better team? yes we have.

would you have been happy if that cost us £10m?

Its a better team for 1 year. Come next summer we have to say cheerio to 3 players of which 2 will more than likely be better for there time with us, and will move on to better things.

We will then require new faces and surely are all being a bit too optimistic if we think Bill is going to give us the Fellaini money to spend?

Id rather if we had done business better and got permanent signings too.

I could be wrong here, but im sure I heard on the radio yesterday that City wanted to sell Barry as he is in the final year of his contract? Therefore, the loan, if it works out, you would think he would just sign on with us after a year if he plays well and has a good season?

Could be a good bit of business that one.

Excited about Lukaku, but gutted its a loan. Id like to see us try and secure him permanently using the £15-18M we must be in profit from the deals this year when it comes to the Jan window. We should be above giving players for prem teams game time imo. Think he will be a monster for us and we will be like WBA next summer when he goes back and we look lost.

Made up with McCarthy. Paid about £4M too much...but considering Man U could have had Fellaini for £23.5M no questions asked and we somehow got £4M more from them...its balanced itself out.

We best never go back to Whelan again and get our kecks pulled down though. Fuming with him looking the big dog again on sky last night mugging us off and getting his own way again

Its a better team for 1 year. Come next summer we have to say cheerio to 3 players of which 2 will more than likely be better for there time with us, and will move on to better things.

We will then require new faces and surely are all being a bit too optimistic if we think Bill is going to give us the Fellaini money to spend?

Id rather if we had done business better and got permanent signings too.

Barry and gerard will be here next season also. And if Lukaku does well, who is to say we wont sign him?

I really know nothing about McCarthy but I am quite happy to go with Martinez on this one. I am really happy with the window, lets hope it changes our results straight away and they play from day 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back