What the Hell is happening to Everton?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im frustrated with the whole thing louie! The ground, el bob, we need some serious investment. Something happened in the last month of last season thats were the problems started. Dont understand Kenwright giving him an extension after a good run. Only positive is huge defensive improvement

Im frustrated with the whole thing louie! The ground, el bob, we need some serious investment. Something happened in the last month of last season thats were the problems started. Dont understand Kenwright giving him an extension after a good run. Only positive is huge defensive improvement
Well he wouldnt extend his contract after a bad run would he.
Lets hope we start getting a couple of decisions go our way & pray these constant injuries clear up.
A fully fit squad like last season will make all the difference ....have a bit of faith mate.

i am not a female,

not got the hang of this yet, didn't realise that would be visible. can't remember what i was responding too now haha,oops. long time lurker here

Lost my faith in the manager to be honest, I thought the extension was knee jerk, if we judge him positively on a season, why not negatively on a bad season as thats what this is and will be. This is the best talent we have had in years and I feel its falling apart. Martinez seems to be non plussed and adopted a strategy of `hard to beat` very late on. For me we should of gone for it on most teams, and defended against the big boys trying to nick a goal. We have been punished for our mistakes passing in the box etc, and the manager just carried on with the same set up until absolutly critical, I find this reckless

We aren't playing as well as last season that's a fact, we have an uncanny way of staying in the top flight though and can't see that coming too an end this year. I can't and will never be able to fathom Everton but that's what makes it interesting!

I agree Martinez is way out of his depth, I cant believe how things have turned out. Players openly saying they want to leave sums the whole thing up really, Kenwright needs to knob off as well
Fellaini said he wanted to leave, Lescott throw a strop about moving to Man City and we've had players being less than professional about training all under Moyes - was he out of his depth as well?

Eto'o walked out on a Sampdoria double session less than a week after joining - does that reflect badly on his new manager or on Eto'o?

I've somehow resisted the urge to panic and have just accepted the fact it's simply a case of second year syndrome.

It was always going to be impossible to BETTER last years achievement and with the added pressure of European football I think Martinez is still settling into the job.

Didn't anybody else feel that last season was plodding along in a surreal fashion? Surely everybody didn't think it would be THAT easy did they?

We will win Europa and next year we'll get a better sense of where we're at! :)

I've somehow resisted the urge to panic and have just accepted the fact it's simply a case of second year syndrome.

It was always going to be impossible to BETTER last years achievement and with the added pressure of European football I think Martinez is still settling into the job.

Didn't anybody else feel that last season was plodding along in a surreal fashion? Surely everybody didn't think it would be THAT easy did they?

We will win Europa and next year we'll get a better sense of where we're at! :)

Yep, it's simple triangulation of the data. If next season he's good, then we know he's good. If we blow it again, then his time is up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back