What the Hell is happening to Everton?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could someone explain to me what second season syndrome is? Ive heard it getting thrown about but never understood, just sounds like a massive cop out thats accepted without scrutiny.
It's a common sporting phenomenon that's understood to be a relevant psychological obstacle to achievement.

It's science...and stuff.

I get the injuries and the problems they have caused, but

Two players disruptive under Moyes,in eleven years, under Martinez its our biggest players and within 18 Months. This makes me question his man management skills. We have lost a lot of the medical/ backroom staff and I really think this has damaged us more than most would admit.

I wonder why after a great season, that started to wane over the final Month, staff would want to leave? It makes no sense, surely they would of thought to stay on as the next season would be a decent one? None of it makes sense, something has gone on in the background, I think during the last couple of months of last season. I also think Martinez has had a bollocking and been told to defend, as we really hit a crisis point, and the fear of relegation was very real. I think he was told to change tactics and grind out a point here and there to ensure we stay up.

We will part ways with him at the end of the season`mutual consent`
It wasn't just two players over eleven years for Moyes, those just happened to be high profile ones. Mirallas said prior to Martinez's arrival that he fancied playing in Spain and for team regularly in the CL, how is that different from what he said now? Lukaku has talked about his ambitions before even whilst on loan, was one of the things that annoyed Chelsea and if he thought Martinez was such a bad man manager why did he sign over the summer? Staff and players leave clubs for other reasons than they don't get on with the manager, Steve Tashjain for instance wanted to return to USA.

We've had an awful season and there probably have been things that have gone on in the background, they usually do in teams that aren't winning and sometimes even for teams that are doing well. But I don't think everything bad that has happened in the past six months is solely down to Martinez anymore than I thought everything good that happened last season was due to him either.

Same mistake as Whelan made in my opinion. Sherwood will do well in his new role, his man management with Adebayor was plain for all to see. I think we would attract a suitable candidate over the summer, main thing is not to rush into anything.
Hahaha!

Glad you liked that
I did mate cheers.

BnXZt_BCUAAE7fx.jpg

Dear me, not even taken charge of one game and your ruining him, wait untill end of season see were they and we are ( humble pie time)

I admit that things looked a little dire over the Xmas/New year period but I presume that was just a glitch, a disturbance in the force. I am seeing a lot to be optimistic about at the present.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back