What was your favourite moment with Martinez at the helm?

What was your favourite moment with Martinez at the helm?

• Transfer Deadline Day 2013

• 1-0 Chelsea

• ManUtd 0-1

• 3-0 Arsenal

• 2-0 ManUtd

• Signing Lukaku permanently (+ Barkley contract)

• 4-1 Wolfsburg

• Liverpool 1-1

• Wolfsburg 0-2

• "Money can't buy everything"

• 3-1 Chelsea

• 2-0 Chelsea

• Something else

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I ticked Other. 0-3 Away at Southampton, we were stunning that day - all three goals were a joy to watch and we should have had more

Has to be Oviedo Baby.

I smelt blood in the water before that game and sensed the opportunity to beat them on their own turf for the first time in decades. We were also playing so well it definitely seemed like the beginning of something special.

The Wolfsburg result, the Chelsea FA cup result, even the Arsenal result all seemed like good results but not enough to prevent the gradual decline.

I know people will say but the Arsenal result was after 6 wins but it was clear to see we had stopped playing well, stopped creating chances and were keeping possession for possessions sake and were being bailed out each week by wonder goals. That wasn't going to last.

Anyone else think that £10m+ he was guaranteed if he was sacked or not played a part in his huge demise?

Obviously he's not a good manager but it probably got rid of some motivation to succeed.

When he allowed us all to boast this again after years of playing embarrassing "football"

article-2624194-1DB2D5ED00000578-113_634x387.jpg

sounds silly looking back, but it was his optimisim...its what we needed at that time, if we go onto be successful under koeman i think history may judge martinez differently

Anyone else think that £10m+ he was guaranteed if he was sacked or not played a part in his huge demise?

Obviously he's not a good manager but it probably got rid of some motivation to succeed.

• Dragged Swansea back from the dead and resurrected them as a serious football club

• PL 38 Won 21 Pts Total 72

• 128121.jpg

"......obviously".

sounds silly looking back, but it was his optimisim...its what we needed at that time, if we go onto be successful under koeman i think history may judge martinez differently
Koeman wouldn't have come near a football club where he had to teach the basics of controlling and keeping the ball and moving it on. He'd never have taken over here after Moyes.

When he was asked about the rumoured £50M manure Bid for Barkley in a the press conference he asked 'How much?', the journo said £50 million and he said "nah, we wont be letting anyone go on loan this season" at that point i genuinely loved the man!

How the hell did it go so wrong?

The time he ...........................was scooped up by Bill and they went frolicking through the meadows with the skylarks a dancing all around. A little rain here, a little storm there but nothing could dampen the joy and laughter in this glorious place.

Forever would their journey take them to heights that can only be imagined and the rest of us can f... off.

He's not getting any space in my memory bank.

Something else.The first 6 months. That honeymoon period when the world was raining plaudits upon us, the School Of Science was back and we felt we could win it all. Then winter hit, the sun became obscured by cloud and we all drowned in a great down pouring of bad form, bad tactics and bad attitudes. But, those first six months... oh yeah! Good times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back